FlipOut London - My 1st Visit

• Hi Guest,

Want lots of pinball Machines to play in one place??

One low cost price to let you play all of these??

If you Fancy visiting the BIGGEST and BEST Pinball show of 2019 Click Here

(Click the "x" in the top right corner to get rid of this message :D )

Andydn

Registered
Oct 14, 2019
Kent
As the title suggests it was my first visit to FlipOut in Croydon today. A complete noobie to the scene after finally recently purchasing my first pin, I thought I’d visit and play some of the machines I’ll never own.

Warm welcome, Matt directed me to John Lewis for parking (best place to park really and very near by), Clive took my cash and I was in pinball heaven.

Great layout, plenty of machines all well maintained. Highlights for me were Metallica, Iron Maiden, Medievil Madness, Arabian Nights (loved that one). Already thinking what my next pin could be, as I own The Shadow I’d like one less cluttered and with a more open play field - such as Attack From Mars, Bram Stokers Dracula or Junkyard, I really enjoyed all 3 of those!

Anyone considering paying FlipOut a visit you won’t be disappointed,
I’d like to thank the owners of the games for letting me try out thousands of pounds worth or machines for a tenner! Proper bargain.

Oh and I gave the honest pig a quid for my coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Andydn

Andydn

Registered
Oct 14, 2019
Kent
Good for you Andy. I'm planning my first visit soon as well as a trip to special when lit.

I've never played most of those machines either and definitely need to try Medieval Madness as it seems to be the holy grail of pinball.
I’d highly recommend it, there’s games that I was convinced I’d really love (just based on reputation & value) that I ended up not liking at all (Cirquis Voltaire) and some that I’ve seen are quite cheap and not a great theme that I actually really enjoyed (Junk Yard).
It’s made me realise without a doubt, play before you buy!

Gonzo

Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2019
Sandhurst
I’d highly recommend it, there’s games that I was convinced I’d really love (just based on reputation & value) that I ended up not liking at all (Cirquis Voltaire) and some that I’ve seen are quite cheap and not a great theme that I actually really enjoyed (Junk Yard).
It’s made me realise without a doubt, play before you buy!

Yes, I'm afraid that I learnt that the hard way despite everyone's advice. Clearly pinball is a real personal preference.

I went to Bournemouth pier and played Star Wars (Stern). As someone who could probably recite all of the first three films I just expected to love it but I didn't.

They also had a CFTBL which I've always thought looked awesome from afar and I'd convinced myself that it would be a game I'd eventually own. Upon playing it I found much if it to be obstructed from view and thought the playfield was far too cluttered for my liking.

I ended up playing Deadpool instead which I thought was fantastic.

Gonzo

Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2019
Sandhurst
Creech isn't cluttered.. Its cosy! 😃

I'm sure many will like it but the more I play the more I realise that I like a long shot up the playfield. I could actually see similarities with TOM in terms of the ramps but they were just a bit too far down the playfield for me. I also didn't like that big disk obscuring stuff above the right flipper.

It terms or artwork & look it's as good as anything.