What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flintstones weak flipper

MartinY

Registered
Hey y'all. I've got a weak right flipper on my Flintstones. It starts off strong, but after 5 or 6 games it occasionally weakens (doesn't flip as strong or the ball bouncing on an "up" flipper drops it a bit. The flippers have been re-built.

I noticed a get a little GI dimming at various times also (when I believe it shouldn't). Haven't seen both of these happen at the same time, but haven't been looking for it either.

Any ideas?

First check you have clearance between the flipper pawl and the playfield bearing.

Clearance looks ok, but I'll get a picture over the next day or two I've swapped the opto boards and no change - issue is still with the right flipper. Seems fine for the first few games, but then loses power a little (soft flip or drops) but sporadically. Appears to affect both lower and upper right flipper but not left.

Upper flipper had new coil also. Could this be power related?

Had a similar thing and was fliptronics board fault on a TAF. I checked everything and then swopped board and all was good.

Fab, will re-seat. It's not the optos as the problem didn't move when I switched the opto boards over...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

We've had this issue before (same machine and flipper) and the little board near the flipper button needed swapping out

Play a few games, when it goes weak take the glass off and pull up and down on the flipper and see if it moves a little - to check and rule out the pawl gap as Andy has suggested.
If there is movement then I'd look at swapping the fliptronic PCB for a known working one and see if the problem persists.

Cheers guys. I'm going to swap the boards over to rule that our. I've already moved the opto boards and the issue didn't travel.

Right, so I swapped the fliptronics board with my Fish Tales (and I probably should have swapped it with my Roadshow, but the boards were reportedly compatible). My DMD (a Dr Pinball) now isn't working in Flintstone, and the in Fish Tales (to test the board) the Lower RIght and Lower Left flipper fuses both went. Also, the DMD was jibberish (before I turned it off). Are these boards not compatible?

Thanks Chris - will re-do...

Understand that with the DMD, but would it take the flipper fuses out though?

Cool thanks. Me being an idiot then. Will do it properly this time

Just to close this out, swapped the fliptronics board out and seems to be ok now (however need to spend a bit more time on it to be sure).

Also, it was the ribbon cable on my FT, so totally my fault! Be careful out there!

Thanks to all for your help - much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom