What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flintstones Knocker

Stags6969

Registered
Alias
Bilbo Stag
Just enjoying my latest machine but noticed the knocker doesn't work.
After investigation, the knocker is there, but the wiring that the manual states should go to the knocker has been rerouted back into the playfield area.
Going through the solenoid tests and the test for the knocker appears to have been replaced with a diverted, so I'm guessing that's where the wiring goes.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Quickly looking on Pinside, people still appear to have a functional knocker.

Change the dip switches on the CPU to a USA setting. Then the solenoid function will be active.

Locate the connector to the purple wiring in the back box, unplug it, and plug it into the knocker socket.

European settings use the knocker output to drive a coin meter.

Thanks Both.
Just miss that Thwack!!
Will changing the dip switch change any other settings? And reset all the scores etc?

Yes it will reset everything.
Does the knocker actually appear in the solenoid tests? If it does then just connect the plug that goes to the cabinet meter back onto the knocker like Andy said.

Placing a different pattern on the row of zero-Ohm jumper links (or dip-switch bank) will provoke a full reset of the auditing totals and change to a default set of adjustments. If you'd rather not take this action, the specific adjustment for use of the knocker/meter drive circuit is called "Coin Meter Units", in the Pricing Adjustment menu, A.3.2#. Setting it to 'Off' releases the circuit for use as a knocker. You may need to specify a 'Custom Door' scheme to get the meter adjustment accessible on the display.

Change the dip switches on the CPU to a USA setting. Then the solenoid function will be active.

Locate the connector to the purple wiring in the back box, unplug it, and plug it into the knocker socket.

European settings use the knocker output to drive a coin meter.
I'm guessing you can change to USA even though I am using standard 240v 50Hz. I know that makes me sound stupid

Yes it will reset everything.
Does the knocker actually appear in the solenoid tests? If it does then just connect the plug that goes to the cabinet meter back onto the knocker like Andy said.
No, the knocker should be on test 7, but it skips from 6 to 8.

Placing a different pattern on the row of zero-Ohm jumper links (or dip-switch bank) will provoke a full reset of the auditing totals and change to a default set of adjustments. If you'd rather not take this action, the specific adjustment for use of the knocker/meter drive circuit is called "Coin Meter Units", in the Pricing Adjustment menu, A.3.2#. Setting it to 'Off' releases the circuit for use as a knocker. You may need to specify a 'Custom Door' scheme to get the meter adjustment accessible on the display.
Coin meter units is A.3 21 this isn't available.
Coin Door Type is A.3 10 also isn't available. If it was setting this to custom only gives 11-15 and 20, so still not 21. So I'm guessing would have to change dip switches to USA.

20190711_203754.jpg
I'm not sure this should work set like this, but it currently does.
Can someone explain what this is set to please.
Doesn't appear to tie in with the setrings in the manual.

I recollect hearing that more than one 'out' or Off selects usa, but the default pricing scheme may give a clue as to what territory that pattern is for. Later games, e.g Scared Stiff, have a test function simply to show what the pattern is, and where it's for.

I'm sorry to have misinformed you, but accessing CMU is what I always did with this era of games when new. You could see if selecting 'Custom' for the pricing scheme itself (as well as the Door Type) allows full access.

Thanks @Jay Walker, your help is very much appreciated.
Pricing was already set to custom, but still wasn't giving me the options required.
I've set the dip switches to USA.
Knocker appeared as test 7. Connected the knocker up and Thwack is back in the house.
Thanks everyone.
First of many school days in this new hobby!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom