What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flintstones flipper - again

MartinY

Registered
Ok, so my fuse Kris blowing on the upper right flipper on the fliptronics board. I've done the following:

Swapped the opto boards from right to left

Swapped the fliptronics board with my fish tales (when the flipper went "soft" occasionally)

Replaced the fuse - ok for 5 games or so then blew again

Resoldered the coil as I noticed the connections were a bit loose. Replaced fuse again. Lasted longer but blew the fuse again. And this time it appears the left flipper too.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 06.49.59.png

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 06.49.31.png

OK - so since the swap for the FT board, the fuse is still blowing? So we are confident that this is not a board issue?

Since the swap, you are saying that F901 blows, but also F902 on the board?

The commonality between the two is J901 which brings 50VAC into the board. This comes from J105 on the driver board. Have you checked you are getting a consistent 50VAC across those pins?

I'd replace the coil, it's probably shorting after a certain amount of use due it heating up and expanding slightly causing a short which blows the fuse...

Back
Top Bottom