What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flinstones bowling standups.

DanLewell

Registered
I'm having trouble adjusting the centre standup so the switch works.

It works if I push it with finger but for the ball to register it has to hit the bowling pins into it and that isn't working, maybe works 1 in 20 or 30 hits.

The plastic of the standup is quite worn where the pins have beaten into over the years, but I've rotated it 180 degrees so they have a fresh bit of plastic to mash against.

The switch gap is tiny so it should register quite easily but it's not working.

Anyone got a special trick for getting this to work?

I'm thinking of removing the pins so the ball hits the stand up direct but obviously it should work with the pins there.

Clean the switch contact? Remove the foam pad? Are you sure it is reopening reliably after a bit? Is the diode in good order and properly attached ?

Yeah, contacts are clean.

I've just replaced the foam pad, I'll try it without one and see how that gets on.

Think the diode is ok as it works correctly with a finger press but I'll can replace it with a new one to be on the safe side.

I think its mechanical rather than electrical with the bowling pin not making good enough contact somehow.

Cheers Ronnie, mines got all 5 pins though, and they dont look bent or anything.

I'm going to swap two of the targets over to see if the problem moves with switch or stays in the centre position.

So...

Swapped the right standup with the centre one. Havent changed any wiring though.

So a hit to the right will show as centre and a hit to the centre will show as right.

Both are working now!! I bet when I switch them back again the centre will become temperamental again.

Stupid bloody machines!!!

The frame that holds the bowling pins on mine is quite loose, there is a bit of play rather than it being held tightly in place.
Is that how they are meant to be or has mine worked loose over time? I think you have to take the ramp off to get to the screws so it's not too easy to tell quickly.

Switch them back to the correct positions and they're all working perfectly now. I hate it when that happens. I havent done anything! Why are you working now!!!

At least they're working though. :clap:

Lol, once you figure out how you fixed it Dan I might need your expertise once mine arrives:thumbs:

Hi Dan
Sorry to jump on your old thread, but I’m getting a FS this week, which is my first venture into 90s games, after a TH BA and a GOTG.
Are there any spares that I would need to get hold of, either game specific, or general spares for that era, or should I wait until something fails and then source the new part? Currently don’t have any spares at all, not ever a fuse.

Not sure you need anything for flintstones in particular, but I would get some fuses. First thing to do with any old machine is check the fuses that are installed to make sure they are the right values. Probably a good idea to get some spare rubbers as well, nothing worse than a game being out of action because something simple to change is broken.

If it's a machine that's been shopped by someone recently then you can probably wait until something breaks and then order specifically.

If it's a bit of a project then your going to be placing an order for parts once you've worked out what needs replacing.

It belonged it MartinY and looking at the photos it looks in decent shape.
Having never had a 90s pin, I don’t even know what size fuses they use, physical size, not rating.
I’ll wait til it arrives and have a look through it. I’ve downloaded the manual, so I’ll have a look at what the appropriate size fuses are.
Where is the best place for rubbers?

Back
Top Bottom