What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flight 2000 in the house :)

Snux

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Sunnucks
So, did the round trip to Birmingham yesterday and picked up that F2K that was on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111607809430

Overall very pleased :)

The Good -
New CPR playfield
New CPR backglass
New CPR plastics
New Alltek MPU board
New Alltek Solenoid driver board
New Alltek Lamp driver board
New Alltek PSU board
New Pinscore LED displays x 5
New transformer (from something, not a pin though!)
Blue powder-coat legs and door
Bunch of LEDs in various places
Complete new built wire harness for all the displays
Bag of bits (old wire harness, some connectors, old faulty sound board)

The 'To Be Expected' -
Few lamps need sorting out, just bad contacts I think.
Switch fault of some kind. It'll score points when you're not doing anything, guess I've got a diode problem or something that needs adjusting.
Couple of display issues, but wiggling cables fixes it, so that should be an easy proper fix.
It's kinda reluctant to speak. Does sometimes, other times not. Possibly because there is so much going on with all the phantom switch activity.
Cab is in average condition for a 35 year old machine.

The 'meh' -
It's got LED lighting under the cab. Or rather it did. Now it's only got half as I forgot it was on there when we slid the machine in the van. Don't like the under lighting anyway, it draws attention to all the crap I keep underneath my pins.
Why only 6 leg bolts for 4 legs?
Somehow managed to crack the playfield glass. Not shatter, crack. Big chunk off in the corner. Anyone know what to get for a Stern widebody?

The 'shame' -
It's a pity for the seller that the machine is worth more broken up than it is as a whole. Good on him for selling it one piece though, if/when it leaves here I'll pass on the favour.

I have one but have never set up and played it. Hopefully in the next few months I'll have some space. I have never played one but have heard good things about it.
What are you thoughts of game play so far?

I hopefully contributed towards convincing you to buy this. It looks like a hell of a deal based on the amount spent on parts by the previous owner. I look forward to seeing pics of it setup :)

What are you thoughts of game play so far?
Still need to do some tweaking, and adjust the legs to get the playfield steeper, but I like the game play. It's really easy to understand the rules so non-pinball folks "get it" quickly (compared to LOTR and my P-ROC F14 which are my other pins), but it's hard to do well which I like. One day I might look into tweaking the rules some using that boardset that Jim (@myPinballs) is working on, but I have enough other projects for now :)

I hopefully contributed towards convincing you to buy this.
Guilty. Whenever it comes to the time to leave here, I'll just need to make sure it goes to someone who will keep her in one piece rather than breaking it up for parts.

Back
Top Bottom