What's new

Fish Tales switch issue?

ShootAgainChris

Registered
hi all

Apologies upfront as I am new to this stuff

I am Having a temperamental issue with the shot to the multiball casters club. When it goes in there is either a massive delay or the shot doesn't register at all?

Sometimes it works others it doesn't

I tried a switch test and am pressing what I assume is the switch and it is not registering. Can anyone tell me what the switch looks like to make sure I am testing the correct part?

I am sure this is a moron question so apologise up front

On closer inspection of the manual,it looks like it is the ball pop mechanism that must register the shot. Any reason why that would be delaying or jus not firing?

Your problem could be with the switch or the ball popper. This probably has a simple solution

Manually operate the switch whilst in the switch test, to see what happens. First see whether that switch is open or closed by looking at its status in switch test, then roll a ball onto it to see whether it registers

Dirty switch contacts?
switch gap too wide ?
Ball popper plastic does not move freely under the weight of the ball ?
Bad diode ?
Any other switches out, or just this one ?

Then in solenoid test, see whether the ball popper fires

Bad solder on terminals of the coil ?
Fault with coil wiring ?
Bad connector on the solenoid board ?
Any other solenoids out, or just this one ?

Thanks guys most appreciated.

This is the only switch with an issue

The solenoid should be fine as when it does eventually register after a delay it does pp the ball in to the reel.

From what has been said so far I suspect an adjustment to the switch. Will take a look again tonight in more detail and report back.

thanks for the help!

I had / have the same problem and have a thread about it
My problem was the fork switch ,the fork bit was broken off

Just to close this off, it is working now. I did the switch test and rolled a ball in to the casters club and it changed from open to closed every time. And now in play it has been registering and firing quickly every time for about 30 games now.

Not sure exactly what I did but I think in the process of giving the machine a general clean up and changing the odd bulb it is now working.

If it returns I will take another look. Thanks for you recommendations and I have learned a lot in my first week of owning a machine. I AM LOVING IT!'

Back
Top Bottom