What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Pin - Acquired

JLT

Registered
So, all's well that ends well, and I finally acquired that elusive first pin. I finally managed to acquire a....

Judge Dredd (JD)

After playing it (and my wife declaring the game her nemesis for how tricky it can be) at the pipeline, we decided practise would make perfect, and we should pick one up.

Found one that had been beautifully restored internally, new boards where needed, all flippers rebuilt, and just a little cabinet fade and wear, just deciding whether to touch-up or whether it has 'character' this way. Everything inside has been serviced, cleaned, full LED set, and the Deadworld Locking mod (and parts for the original) after a little tuning on the arm, everything works and plays perfectly (and I gave it a fairly extensive stress test), no faults.

There are few non-standard parts (does anyone know where I can get the correct out-lane posts and rubbers for a JD?)

Just can't wait to get home from working abroad to enjoy it!

Oh no Chaps, you misunderstand, this *is* number 2. I already have a Creature very generously loaned to me by a friend of a friend that started this whole thing off. But I am prepping our shed (Its a concrete based, insulated outbuilding at the bottom of the garden with power etc.) to house pins.

But this one's all mine :)

Initially I put six then I changed my mind. I will stick with five, then next summer we can zombie this thread and see

I do really love the creature, its not been loved for a while it sat stood up in a garage for a few years without being powered up, so its dirty, has wear, needs flipper rebuilds, some other components, and a DMD without ghosting. But with it not being actually mine, I cant afford to show it that love then hand it back. If (and likely when) it goes back, i may well have to find another one.... :( In the interim, i'll strip it, give it a full clean and a new set of rubber. least I can do.

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind dude. But the owner loves it too, and will enjoy fixing it up himself if he gets around to it. He was happy to loan it out to make garage space for a longer period, but is adamant that he doesn't want to part with it financially speaking, and I respect that. As such I 'll do my best with it, clean and service it where I can, and wait and see what happens. I'll make him an offer if he ever wants it back, or at the very least ask for first refusal.

Back
Top Bottom