What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First pics of The Avengers

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Just had email from Pingame Journal .........Avenger pics up approx 10pm our time ! :rockon:

Get the first look at the official press release and photos from Stern's Avengers pinball from designer George Gomez at the PinGame Journal website after 4:00PM Central Time today!
The brand-new pics and information will be up in approximately one hour (from now, 4:00 ET).
http://www.pingamejournal.com/update

Also, don't forget to check out the latest videos we've uploaded to our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/pinjournal

Interesting - can't quite work out how that whole ramp bit works, looks a bit different to the usual ramp setup we see. Looks like Hulk may move to block/hit the ball also ??? And on the LE there is a whole other ramp thingy going on nr the pops.

Look forward to seeing more :pop2:

It looks like it has a lot of parts that have been on XM and TF. Plus big plastic toy in the middle.
Yours Disappointed of Watford

Is Hulk the only toy? Is there anything else that moves or articulates or otherwise stands out? And ...... isn't the Avengers the same as the XMen?

Sorry GrizZ, I hate to sit on the fence so I gotta be the first one to come out and say that I think Avengers, so far, looks absolutely ****ing **** and **** and **** and **** and ******** and shot ****.

Hulk looks like the one to have. Things have moved one feature wise since the days of BBH/IM but still fall short of what you would expect to see for $8000. Doesnt look to be much flow loop or ramp wise. The hulk smashing the ramp with shaker motor interaction could be one of the coolest toys in a while though. Hopefully Ill get to have a go at EAG in a few weeks

Glad to see Dan is off the fence on this one.

I agree it is good to see a new machine in the world because it keep moving it forward and keeps feeding our hobby. My comments are only based on the pictures, it doesn't look new or very exciting. The pro has one ramp, one toy (two if you count the moving ramp part), massive empty centre. Lots of art work just lifted from the film (I presume, haven't seen it). As someone who is not a fan of the topic, the artwork is not massively interesting.

I do want new pinball machines in the world but I want new ones not seeing the same cube reappear. Spiderman, Iron Man, Tron, Transformers, Xmen and Avengers are a particular type of film, if you don't like those films, these machines will be a turn off. I guess that is nothing new though, demo man, T2, LW....

Agree that the artwork is pretty lame on the playfield - back to the usual photoshopped film images. The thing I did like about Xmen was the whole art package was based on the comic artwork rather than the film(s).

And seeing another comic book/film game with a bunch of modes based round each character is beginning to get really old. How many pinball games do we need with Ironman featuring ? :rolleyez:

And the cheapy Pro version does look very sparse in that back right corner without the extra ramp gubbins going on. I do wish they would just dump the stripped down playfield Pro idea, and just have the Premiums ....with Limited Editions for those who really want the extra bling/bragging rights.

Still - can't wait to see that whole Hulk/bridge bit in action !:pop2:

If they insist on sticking with Super Hero type themes, I would have much prefered a Dark Knight Trilogy pin with Batman, Joker and Bane limited editions. (Only with the actual actor's voice clips this time.)

A bit underwhelmed with the first look at Avengers to be honest. Although I think the Hulk toy looks pretty cool.

Just looking again at the playfield layout ..... you know, this is a pretty fresh layout up top, that alone excites me. I look at WOZ for example,or TRON, and I can kind of see already how it is gonna play, I can see the ball paths.

I'm looking at Avengers and thinking ....with this layout I just dunno how this is gonna play, how the ball will travel, the speed, - and for me after seeing and playing a gazillion pins...that is a very good thing :)

Just looking again at the playfield layout ..... you know, this is a pretty fresh layout up top, that alone excites me. I look at WOZ for example,or TRON, and I can kind of see already how it is gonna play, I can see the ball paths.

I'm looking at Avengers and thinking ....with this layout I just dunno how this is gonna play, how the ball will travel, the speed, - and for me after seeing and playing a gazillion pins...that is a very good thing :)

Just hoping that Stern get the quality sorted and introduce a QC dept at the factory.
Do that and they will be in the race.

saw a vid of it in action on youtube the weird diagonal ramp is the hawkeye ramp the ball balences along the top like a tight rope walker looks quite cool

Back
Top Bottom