What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First attempt at making insert decals for gilligans island.

Lee ellison

Lee9168
5Years
Well , as I said here is my first attempt at making some insert decals for the recipe area on GI , first I tried to draw the inserts,( p.s. I am not a very good artist. ). Then coloured them in as near a colour match ax I could with my young, uns berol felt tips. image.jpg Then I scanned the picture , shown below image.jpgThen I printed it onto some thin sticky backed vinyl I had laying around. , my cheap printer would not print very well onto this stuff , but anyway here is the end result of my first try , they look a damn sight better than the damaged ones on the pin , Any else got any better suggestions , please advise , image.jpg

sure I have seen a playfield scan somewhere
will let ya know if I find it

Well , as I said here is my first attempt at making some insert decals for the recipe area on GI , first I tried to draw the inserts,( p.s. I am not a very good artist. ). Then coloured them in as near a colour match ax I could with my young, uns berol felt tips. View attachment 10993 Then I scanned the picture , shown below View attachment 10994Then I printed it onto some thin sticky backed vinyl I had laying around. , my cheap printer would not print very well onto this stuff , but anyway here is the end result of my first try , they look a damn sight better than the damaged ones on the pin , Any else got any better suggestions , please advise , View attachment 10995

When I made my ramones pin I made (with Daz's help)the plastics with reverse printed decals that were then stuck to the plastic.Also other decals printed directly onto adhesive paper,then mylared on top.Problem with anything stuck on is you will have a slight rise that MAY affect ball path

Thanks. , I have searched every where and not found a close up of the lower playfield. , when you blow this picture up to scale it , the resolution is awful , thanks for your time anyway. , I have searched everywhere and not found anyone who jakes them , ProbBly shows how unpopular the game is , I have read a thread somewhere that there is a shop that is going to be making GI cabinet decals sometime this year but nothing on insert decals

Second attempt at making the decals , these will probably suffice. , but I wish I could obtain a good photograph of the recipe area so I could try and do a better drawing or I could take to the local print shop and see if they could do anything with a photo ,.
This time I used proper printable sticker/decal paper and the colours turned out a lot better. For some reason it is not letting me post a photo , I,lol try after posting this.

Still can't upload phot,s on my I pad , I go to select location of photo ie new or file , press one of these and it shuts the whole site down and goes back to google , is this a site problem or a problem with the latest iOS update , ?
Also in the thread sections why are most of the threads blue and bold and mine is normal print , also most of the other threads have a blue dot in front of them , mine does not , I,m not jealous or anything I was just wondering if I have done something wrong. , !?

Still can't upload phot,s on my I pad , I go to select location of photo ie new or file , press one of these and it shuts the whole site down and goes back to google , is this a site problem or a problem with the latest iOS update , ?
Also in the thread sections why are most of the threads blue and bold and mine is normal print , also most of the other threads have a blue dot in front of them , mine does not , I,m not jealous or anything I was just wondering if I have done something wrong. , !?

Can't help with the IPAD/IOs question, but the threads which are in bold blue with a dot next to them are all the ones where you haven't read the latest postings (and hence in theory have something to catch up on) - you'll have to broaden your reading;):)

Back
Top Bottom