What's new

Fireing up a pin advice....

Outstanding work by an Operator at some point :)

And here is the best bit. I replaced all the fuses with the correct value, and when I powered it on for the first time, one of them blew straight away, so there is actually a fault being masked out by the wire wrapping.

I honestly think there should be some sort of licence required to work on pinball machines sometimes

And here is the best bit. I replaced all the fuses with the correct value, and when I powered it on for the first time, one of them blew straight away, so there is actually a fault being masked out by the wire wrapping.

I honestly think there should be some sort of licence required to work on pinball machines sometimes

Just to add, on closer inspection, there were actually 3 fuses that blew on powerup!

That ladies and gents is why you need to replace your fuses

I was going to ask if it was fuse wire but apparently it was just rubbish.
@cooldan's A13 had a 20a fuse where a 4a should be, this should be a lesson to us all to check the fuses before we power on a new machine.

Having read this thread I'm gonna go check out all my machines fuses now. Glad I got them off pinheads rather than eBay randoms :)

Best one I've seen so far is from @Mooseman - His 'new' Gorgar project machine has the 240V input wire connecting to totally exposed terminals halfway along the inside of the cab!

Man up and upgrade them all to standard 13 amp plug fuses for a full 'back in the day' arcade experience.

Back
Top Bottom