What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Fireball (EM)

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Now that NLP is over and I've had a couple of weeks to chill out after the mad rush to get Fireball 2 done, it's time to start on some new projects :)

First is to continue the work on my Bally Fireball EM from 1972. This is going to be something that gets worked on as and when and won't be my main focus (that's either going to be Banzai Run or Fish Tales) so the updates to this shop log might not be that regular.

When I first picked this game up earlier in the year I did strip, clean and re-rubber the top side of the playfield as it had been sat in storage for a while and I wanted to be able to play it without damaging the game. I also rebuilt the zipper flipper mechanism as it was caked in a load of greasy muck and needed an overhaul.

With those jobs done the game was playing pretty well with the main issues being a lack of the 10 point bell, some of the lamps not advancing correctly in the backbox for things like ball in play, player etc (the actual features worked so likely dirty or mis-adjusted wipers on the steppers) and general flaky lamp sockets. The aim of this shop out is to get the rest of the game cleaned up and everything working well. As with Fireball 2 I'm not going for a like new restoration, I just want the game to be clean and play well :thumbs:

Here's a few pics of what I'm starting with.....

IMG_5923.JPG

IMG_5926.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5930.JPG

The good news with this game (and a lot of EM's) is that it splits into 4 pieces that I can work on separately. There's the playfield....

IMG_7093.jpg

Next is the board from out of the bottom of the cab that most of the main relays, score motor, transformer etc live on.....

IMG_7094.jpg

Then there's the lower cabinet.....

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

And finally the backbox.......I didn't take a pic of this :rofl:

I'm going to start work on the lower cabinet first and have been stripping bits and pieces out of it so that it can be cleaned :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom