What's new

Finally got a 'hook'

deathrow

Registered
Well after a year of looking for a project hook I have finally landed one :clap:

Its been out of action for many years and has sat in storage rusting/rotting away :( (pictures to follow).
Slightly surreal collection as its former owner was Martin Kemp. He's into pinball machines too :thumbs:
I know it doesn't add any value to the machine or make it any more special, Just thought I would share it with you none the less.

Going to store it for a while as I don't actually have the space for it right now but hopefully I can start work on it soon.

This has the hallmarks of a potentially cracking restoration thread don't store it for too long. And an elaboration of the Martin Kemp story is defo necessary too - that's a nice teaser but we need to know the story :)...does he live local, or was this an epic road trip? I liked that Krays film he was in and I guess Gold is a classic too :)

I will create a resto thread and update with the story etc as soon as I can get in back to mine.

It was collected from central london (thats was fun :sad: ). The story involved his daughter, her friends brother and a favour. Its in VERY poor condition and although Hook isnt the most popular machine on the market I have always liked it. Cant wait to get it going again. :thumbs:

A rusty Data East? Imagine that.

Take it thats a common issue then? the woodwork is pretty solid but the paint and screening is pretty rough.
It does still have the topper.
The front door is so bad that I cant get the key out of the lock as its rusted in :hmm: . The top lock has rusted over and the key is missing, Going to be fun picking that!
Legs are fodder and I am expecting most of the mechs under the PF to need binning. A great project :)

Fun to repair them when they are like that though isnt it. :)
I do like your LW3, How did you get on with the dmd issue?

Rails and lockdown often rust. Sounds like your Hook is in worse shape than my 400 quid LW3.

Good to know that's not just a quirk of my DE then - golf ball sized rust (and dent o_O) atop my lockdown bar and rust on the rails too.

The top lock has rusted over and the key is missing, Going to be fun picking that!

You might just be better off unscrewing it using a security hex and fitting a new lock, that's what I ended up doing and it wasn't too pricey or much trouble. At least that way you get a new key.

Last edited:
Good to know that's not just a quirk of my DE then - golf ball sized rust (and dent o_O) atop my lockdown bar and rust on the rails too.

You might just be better off unscrewing it using a security hex and fitting a new lock, that's what I ended up doing and it wasn't too pricey or much trouble. At least that way you get a new key.

Will take a look at that, Wasnt sure if I can get to the fixings from the outside.

No worries. From memory it's a T15 security hex, I got mine cheap in a set of random non-standard driver bits from Clas Olson.

Back
Top Bottom