What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7 blows - data east

Kevin Pitt

Registered
Hi Guys,

got my tales from the crypt here, psu has been replaced with a rottendog dps004 before i owned it. f7 (1/2 amp) blows, but takes around 30 seconds, then of course there is no 5v. If i disconnect the sound board, the fuse doesnt blow, but its not the soundboard as i borrowed one from another game and it did the same. I have already disconnected the dmd, etc.

Anyone any ideas as to where i should look next ?

thanks,

ok, so just one other question really.....

seems odd to me that when this fuse blows i lose my +5v. If i disconnect cpu and sound boards the 5v is there, but as soon as i plug either board in it goes, like its weak.

Im just wondering if there is some other issue here, which is kind of related but not HV ?

Should f7 blowing cause my 5v to become too weak to run the cpu board ? - seems to me that it should be a completely seperate circuit...

thanks.

ok quick update on this, i have solved the mystery !

the previous owner (an op) had made some modifications. seems that the 12pin connector, pin 12 had burnt, so rather than repair/replace, he cut the wire into the pin9, so there was no ground connection to pin12 of the molex connector. after seperating these wires, and replacing the pin in the plug so that its wired correctly the fuse no longer blows.. just gotta get the sound working now, then can look at all the other problems :|

Back
Top Bottom