What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even DM's are going AWOL before auction end : - )

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
My DM has just been removed from ebay, someone made me an offer I could not refuse, no longer is this selling tactic limited to trophy titles and highly sought after machines, saying that the value of the DM could rocket over night once the new software becomes available, I may have to pay more soon to own a ropey one just to play the new game.​

I usually let my auctions run (hate it when pins disappear) but such is pinball​

DEMOLITION MAN ON STEROIDS

Main thing is you got what you wanted for the pin and you dont pay any ebay selling fee's.

Result in my book.

Totally under-rated game IMO. But a bit surprised though to see it was up as high as it was this morning as I wouldn't have classed it as a rare game.

So many of the "cheaper" titles now seem to be pushing the grand barrier. The only one that hasn't seemed to appreciate over the last couple of years is STTNG (guess what's on my list to get shot of next - DOH!)

To be honest prices have now reached the level where I don't think I would have ever started collecting. I remember agonising about spending £500 on a toy when I first started and now that looks like a bargain. I know prices are less of an issue to those of us with a collection as we can trade but I'm amazed that new people are still buying into the hobby with the current prices.

Can't help but think if Stern dropped their prices slightly then there would be a massive uptake in NIB purchases over here driven mainly by the increases in 2nd hand prices. Even a change in exchange rates might make it a lot more tempting.

I always think it's nice to let an auction run just so that we can determine the market, the ex-PH one made £800 this morning (ended at a silly time which didn't help I'm sure) I think mine is better and people know that they will get exactly what is advertised which may have increased the value a bit, it seems that the DM is still only worth circa £800 which I think is very cheap, it's a lot of pin for that and it's probably worth £500 just for parts.

Fees are now capped to £40 so not a bad hit on something like that MM which made 6kish.

I think the main thing which influenced the sale was that the buyer was keen (deposit in place) which must count for a lot when there are so many timewasters out there who buy things on a whim and then change their minds, the thrill of the chase is so often sweeter than the kill, certainly found that when bidding on high value items, it's so easy to feel complacent about the purchase once the item is in the bag, 60 seconds earlier it was the most important thing in the world

Dreads' date=' post: 1687314 said:
I always think it's nice to let an auction run just so that we can determine the market, the ex-PH one made £800 this morning (ended at a silly time which didn't help I'm sure) I think mine is better and people know that they will get exactly what is advertised which may have increased the value a bit, it seems that the DM is still only worth circa £800 which I think is very cheap, it's a lot of pin for that and it's probably worth £500 just for parts.

Fees are now capped to £40 so not a bad hit on something like that MM which made 6kish.

I think the main thing which influenced the sale was that the buyer was keen (deposit in place) which must count for a lot when there are so many timewasters out there who buy things on a whim and then change their minds, the thrill of the chase is so often sweeter than the kill, certainly found that when bidding on high value items, it's so easy to feel complacent about the purchase once the item is in the bag, 60 seconds earlier it was the most important thing in the world

That £40 fee is better in your pocket than theirs

True, robbing B'stards:mad: , I had to bang £33 on top of the last TZ invader I listed just to cover the ebay and PP fees (now that is quite a hit on a £200 mod) , although £40 capping is good on a 6k MM, it works against me selling anything that's worth less than £400, which is everything as they round it off to 10% which is up from the previous sliding scale they had in place, everyone looses out except ebay and PP, I have to charge more which discourages sales and the customer has to pay more which reduces the perceived value of my items and to cap it all off I have to pay more final value fees and PP fees as everything has gone up in price, lucky there is nowhere for people to set up camp methinks otherwise it wouldn't just be St Pauls that's become a campsite :suspect:

Buyer collected today, he was a happy puppy
biggrin-1.png
, I was sad to see it go…. bye bye DM:( , I played it for about 30 mins b4 they turned up, must admit I thought it was a decent title, if I had the space it would have stayed. It felt like a better game than the JD to me and underrated, there seemed a lot of space on the pf even with all them ramps etc which I didn’t take to but I am sure this game will be a killer when the new roms are available.

Had a couple of pm’s on ebay regarding what it sold for, for those that are interested it made a grand with no fees, it was a mintish example, way better than some of the crap I have had pass through my hands but still a whole load of bordering collector quality machine for the money, I reckon £100 would have made this a collector Q (backbox decals and two pf plastics), don’t think it will be flipped but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom