What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Epoch MPU

You should be looking at £40
Usually best way is to find a doner . Check local Facebook for a working unloved maygay or global and part it out . The psu will be a useful spare as they are flakey too

Maygay made some great games but epoch tech is terrible and killed the company in the end

Homers is their best seller and probably best game . Italian job is great . Madness is the most collectable and I loved my carry on screaming but it failed in the end when I didn't turn it on for a month. All the rest tbh are junk

There are guys on mpu mecca who can repair epoch boards I believe but no idea what they charge

Thanks for the replys :) I joined mpu mecca yesterday and they think it is a mpu fault as its only displaying 3 lights
dad took the psu apart and checked the voltages so that seems okay
The mpu itself doesnt look too bad its had a little corrosion in the past been cleaned up and new battery (its probably something we cant see with the tracks being so small)
maybe if i can find a working mpu it will be best to wire the battery away from the board.
With the machine being free i dont mind paying for a mpu board but i will have a quick check to see if theres a cheap working game local.
I will ask the GF to look on facebook for groups
do you know the list of crap games to look out for?
thank you :)

Anything maygay global or impulse

Ask for picture of insides as it could be eclipse tech which is worthless . If an older m1a or b game the board is worth £80 on its own but not many working games of that tech come up.

Epoch tech is so crap that even a good mpu may not get it going but good luck as homers is a great game

Just scrapped 2 epoch machines as could not source a decent epoch mpu for them :( so rare these days the battery leaks and eats them alive.

Doner machine is way forward buy cheap ones on fb/eBay plus you get few other spares as well :)

Back
Top Bottom