What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EM Re theme - War of the worlds or Halo?

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Going to do a re-theme on an EM with some PI augmentation in the next 12 months.

Would be done on a significantly damaged playfield. Williams or zac based single player EM. Not after one just yet, as no room :)

Looking at doing this as a project with the kids.

Qs:

I assume i would not be chased by MS if it appeared at a show or in any press? So long as i was not reproducing them for sale would thy be okay? What precedence is there for fan based re themes without concern of legal action? Or4 examples of legal action against "not for profit" based efforts.

Any legal authorities among us to advise?

I know Poi has done a Ramones and there are lots of example on the net.

I was going to use photoshop to pull existing artwork together for the playfiled and back glass, then a simple three colour stencil approach for the cab, in keeping with traditional EMs. Always dodgy ground as it is copyrighted material.

I have a few "novel" ideas for enhancing game play that i will keep under my hat for now...

Any thoughts about which EMs i should use for reasons of preservation / uniqueness - I don't want to kill an orchid to make a dandelion...

Anything else to consider?

Cheers

JB

War Of The Worlds.

The proper Victorian England one mind, not the American film versions.

If its just for you and not being made to generate a cash income then there will be no problems.
I have a Tomb Raider re theme to do,when I get some free time.
Look forward to the updates on yours John.

Deffo wotw. Ooolarrrrr.

Just been reading about rethemes in the pinball mag. Pinball dreams do them all the time and if only a 1off it seems to be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom