What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Elvira le

I’ve only played JP a few times but it seemed OK.

Absolutely loving my Elvira. More than anything else it’s fun to play. Really campy. I’d say good family fun but I guess that depends on your family. It’s the go to game for my daughter.

I might still be in the honeymoon period but it’s pretty much the only game I’ve been playing during lockdown. I struggled with the price tag but don’t regret it for 1 second (although if I knew a LE would have come up I’d have grabbed this in a heartbeat)

My god Chris, what's with all these top titles coming up for sale. 1st Deadpool which I was sorely tempted by (but persuaded not to by the wife), and now this. Please someone buy it as it's my birthday tomorrow and I must resist. o_O

JP is a deep game but the layout is frustrating in my view - it’s designed for the super elite players - i find the whole atmosphere flat in JP - if I could only have one it would be Elvira.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JP is a deep game but the layout is frustrating in my view - it’s designed for the super elite players - i find the whole atmosphere flat in JP - if I could only have one it would be Elvira.

I agree Neil the 3 right hand shots are hard work on jp another game I like but don’t love

I’ve played both at Sunshine, the JP was a premium and the Elvira an LE.
Looks wise
no competition Elvira a thing of beauty and JP was meh! For me with drab PF and Cab art.
To play
I liked them both and the Rex was cool I guess but as a fan of SS which I had owned over 10yr Elvira takes it.
Weird thing is I watched the streams of both and wasn’t really took by them but in the flesh they both exceeded my expectations.
Which one for me?
Elvira hands down regardless of cost. I really wanted to hate it but it was the total opposite after playing.
Could I let my GBLE go to fund it ? This is what’s keeping me awake at night so Somone please buy it.

Decided to hold on to this for a few week seems silly to sell it straight on without enjoying it first
66139EDD-D68A-4878-A653-92073B67ABF1.jpeg
DB93C304-DD26-4E67-A3F4-1EA257F52E29.jpeg
5F40EF2F-FE4F-4344-A427-7DA764C7CC4B.jpeg

What a relief. Just went to have a quick game of pinball before I went to have a discussion with the wife about buying a new pinball. Should have pulled the trigger 45 mins ago .

What a relief. Just went to have a quick game of pinball before I went to have a discussion with the wife about buying a new pinball. Should have pulled the trigger 45 mins ago .

I’d still PM Chris you never know he might sell it anyway :)

Hey Chris. I'm interested in an EHOH at some point but just wondering why you say that it's not a keeper. Do you think they have made good use of the theme, does it play like a dog, poor code? Just curious :)

Cheers.

I’m guessing anyone who has the flow of pins going in and out as much as Chris does would find it extremely difficult to have any keepers albeit I know Chris is a big fan of his SWpro so think that is one of the very few exceptions.

I’m guessing anyone who has the flow of pins going in and out as much as Chris does would find it extremely difficult to have any keepers albeit I know Chris is a big fan of his SWpro so think that is one of the very few exceptions.

You might be right? I have some reservations about the layout and therefore how fun it is. The ramp design seems very lame compared to SS, I'm sure I read that some design choices were made relating to the BOM. The code should be awesome though which might save it.

The shots are superb in my view. Some fairly straight forward and a couple that are tricky - just the right balance.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom