What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira incoming

Silverpaolo

Site Supporter
Hi all I've got a brand new elvira nib incoming shortly and wondering what are the essential tweaks and things I should be doing with a nib pin... Eg use different balls etc etc any tips from the seasoned pros on any essential tips when setting up a new addition...

Thanks in advance

Congrats on the new machine. 😁
1st thing to do is remember it has been on a long journey, so may have endured some travel sickness as I like to call it.
Check above and below the playfield to ensure all nuts and bolts are present, correct and tight.
That doesn't mean get swinging on the spanner, but make sure nothing is loose.
Not sure about Elvira, but some recent machines have had loose coil stops and flipper mechs.
A lot of people swap out their balls straight away instead of using the factory one.
Give it a quick hoover and a wipe over to remove any dust and then play the hell out of it!!

Congrats on the new machine. 😁
1st thing to do is remember it has been on a long journey, so may have endured some travel sickness as I like to call it.
Check above and below the playfield to ensure all nuts and bolts are present, correct and tight.
That doesn't mean get swinging on the spanner, but make sure nothing is loose.
Not sure about Elvira, but some recent machines have had loose coil stops and flipper mechs.
A lot of people swap out their balls straight away instead of using the factory one.
Give it a quick hoover and a wipe over to remove any dust and then play the hell out of it!!

This is pretty much everything you need to know. The only thing I'd add is that I normally give the wires a quick once over to make sure no connections have come loose in transport. Enjoy the NIB experience!

Pledge to bring it to Pinfest ;) You'll get a free weekend pass.

Seriously, as others have said, a quick visual above and below playfield to check for loose nuts and wires in transit.

I like to change the balls and rubbers to silicone, as they are harder wearing and produce less grime. Cheap crappy coil stops used to be a big issue with Stern, but I haven't had any problems on AIQ - probably because I bought spares ready to replace.

Super thanks everyone where will I get some silicone replacements from are they the titan ones

Hi all I've got a brand new elvira nib incoming shortly and wondering what are the essential tweaks and things I should be doing with a nib pin... Eg use different balls etc etc any tips from the seasoned pros on any essential tips when setting up a new addition...

Thanks in advance

Hi mate, congratulations.

4 things to look out for. I've made a quick video to show you.

Hi mate, congratulations.

4 things to look out for. I've made a quick video to show you.

The shooter lane damage is caused by the ‘trough eject’ though not the ‘auto launch’.
Turn the auto launch power down and you’ll wonder why your balls aren’t launching to the top of the playfield when not plunging manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new pin👍
As all above , I also check for free movement of flipper mec's etc , to fine tune leveling up the machine , I normally place a ball in the centre of the playfield and let it roll down towards the flippers .lf you have it right the ball will roll dead center between the flipper bats .

The eject from the hole will be fixed on this game.

only thing you will need is a set of Cliffies notable for the garage drop and the crypt elevator But that will also sort out the shooter lane.

hearing there might be new code soon!

Back
Top Bottom