What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric cost to run a new stern pinball machine

Jamcunn

Registered
Alias
Jamcunn
Any estimates would be appreciated on how much a typical stern pinball machine would cost to run just considering electric ? Or an hourly cost perhaps ?

We will run ours from 1pm to 10pm I think. Likely 2 stern machines….,just want to get an idea of cost on current electric prices (whatever they are)

Are there many commercial operators on here I assume so !

I had a meet on Saturday 27th and ran 5 pins and 17 vids from 11am till midnight with everything else still on in the house also.

Cost a tenner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-155100.png
    Screenshot_20220902-155100.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 19
Post number 874 in the energy prices gone nuts thread states a machine in attract mode on leds uses 100 to 120w and more when playing probably 150w. On incandescent up to 300w when playing. So probably 6 or 7 hours play per unit of electricity for a new stern on leds. At 30p a unit current typical cost that works out at 5p per hour of playing time per game. Easy answer to save on zombie power usage is to turn them off when not playing. Four hours of actual play per day will then cost you well less than 2 quid a week. Leaving 2 machines on for 9 hours a day each will cost you a fiver a week. Peanuts either way but why waste energy.

Back
Top Bottom