What's new

Sold Eight Ball Deluxe £2000

andy

Site Supporter
Quit talking and start chalking - Eight Ball Deluxe for sale! Recently brought out of storage it’s in good condition overall and works well. There’s a few bulbs out and could probably do with a clean but it can definitely just be bought, set up and played.

The playfield is very good for an EBD (anyone who remembers these in the early 1980s arcades will be familiar with the area round the pool balls being down to bare wood….) as it looks like the main part of the playfield was mylared from new. Plastics are good, the clear ones are nice and clear and not yellowed.

The backglass is excellent with no cracking or peeling in the paint.

It has an Altek CPU and brand new solenoid driver board. The displays are fine in real life by the way they just look dodgy in the picures.

The cabinet - well it’s pretty solid but has been repainted, I think there was an operator who did this red and yellow pattern to their pins when new - @steve brum can you confirm? Legs are ok but a bit tatty.

Price now £2k :cool:

Collection from Bristol, Martin is due here soon :thumbs:

Andy

IMG_3018.jpeg
IMG_3017.jpeg
IMG_3016.jpeg
IMG_3013.jpeg
IMG_3015.jpeg
IMG_3014.jpeg
IMG_3012.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that my old one mate? It's definitely an op repaint job as I remember Terry telling me about it back in the day :thumbs: Great game in really nice original condition GLWS

midland based operator. Ive had loads like this. luckily now repro art is available and games value merit the cost and effort.

midland based operator. Ive had loads like this. luckily now repro art is available and games value merit the cost and effort.

Was it done purely to identify the operators machine as belonging to them in case of theft?

I realise there would be no sentiment or appreciation of the artwork on these machines looking in to the future by the operator.

Nevertheless, it seems a bit severe.

I don't think it was for theft reasons (although it doesn't hurt), more for the op to brand their games so people could see that it was the same company putting games in various locations...at least I think that was how it was explained to me :thumbs:

Sorry @andy I didn't mean to derail your For Sale posting.

Maybe one of the mods could move this discussion elsewhere for me?

Looks a lovely example .. and local to me..
(Insert anguished scream here) Will ponder..

The history of this machine.
It was indeed painted by an operator who did all of his games so. Operator was Creswell coin in Worksop or Measham.

I (With Paul Reddington) rescued this game along with a Future Spa and Centaur 2 from a home that had sold and the new owner didn't want them.

I sold to Ross Hamilton with all my 81 bally collection.

I assume he sold to Ron who sold to Andy.

Last edited:
more for the op to brand their games so people could see that it was the same company putting games in various locations

Wow! Quite a lot of effort to go to for that reason.
Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just rivet an engraved badge or something to the machine?

I sold to Ross Hamilton with all my 81 bally collection.

I assume he sold to Ron who sold to Andy.
I think Mr Potter bought it from Ross and then I bought it from him before it went to Andy.....it was a long time ago though so I could be wrong :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom