What's new

Pending.. EHOH

Jason Catrine

Site Supporter
Played this a few times at Electric Circus and it was a stand out game for me. The original price was/is a stumbling point for me (as is for most) but I'm hopeful now for one on the second hand market.....ie the prices might be getting to somewhere I can have a punt at.

So, I figure now is as good a time as any to post and declare an interest. I did find a New in Box one in Europe earlier today that was £10788 inc vat and delivery....but they wanted bank transfer and I'm not comfortable to do that. Paypal, Credit Card, Martin knows you - all good - bank transfer abroad, mmmm, pass!!!

Last edited:
Which country was it from?
I bought 2 pins from Italy to Spain from different companies and it worked out fine.

Which country was it from?
I bought 2 pins from Italy to Spain from different companies and it worked out fine.
It's in Austria. I've bought from Italy pre-brexit and it was fine and saved me over 2k from uk prices but that was protected via paypal.

you’ll get charged 20% vat as soon as it lands in uk, so i wouldn’t bother.
The price included vat and delivery so it was fine via customs. It was from a company too. Just the bank transfer put me off. I've bought in UK from our main usual UK supplier and did bank transfer but uncomfortable to do that abroad.

Anyway back on track, wanted....Evira's House of Horrors. Martin collection preferred but if its a deal breaker, I'll come get it personally and hopefully you'll help me lift it into my van.

Played this a few times at Electric Circus and it was a stand out game for me. The original price was/is a stumbling point for me (as is for most) but I'm hopeful now for one on the second hand market.....ie the prices might be getting to somewhere I can have a punt at.

So, I figure now is as good a time as any to post and declare an interest. I did find a New in Box one in Europe earlier today that was £10788 inc vat and delivery....but they wanted bank transfer and I'm not comfortable to do that. Paypal, Credit Card, Martin knows you - all good - bank transfer abroad, mmmm, pass!!!
Jason my brother lives in Austria, I could ask him if he could check it out for you and make sure it actually exists etc.

I’d be double checking that when it lands in UK you aren’t paying 20% vat on what you’re already paid.
I know you said it’s already been paid but I’d double check. I know of a few people that thought they were getting a bargain and had to pay the vat once it landed in the UK.

I’d be double checking that when it lands in UK you aren’t paying 20% vat on what you’re already paid.
I know you said it’s already been paid but I’d double check. I know of a few people that thought they were getting a bargain and had to pay the vat once it landed in the UK.

Totally agree with Daz on this. If they went ahead with this, OP should check whether the VAT the vendor are saying is included is Austrian VAT (which should be zero-rated for an export) or UK import VAT. All this complexity is detailed in this post.

I can’t honestly see anyone who bought one new selling for much less than what they paid.
Good luck with your search anyway it’s a fantastic kick ass game.

I can’t honestly see anyone who bought one new selling for much less than what they paid.
Good luck with your search anyway it’s a fantastic kick ass game.
Why we are on the subject, why do we think its costing more than the other stern prems, i.e. on pinball.co.uk for instance its up for £13k vs Godzilla Prem at £11.5k. Straight into stern/distributors margins or is there something in it that justifies the extra?

Why we are on the subject, why do we think its costing more than the other stern prems, i.e. on pinball.co.uk for instance its up for £13k vs Godzilla Prem at £11.5k. Straight into stern/distributors margins or is there something in it that justifies the extra?
It always was more, licence costs apparently (or just plain profiteering from guys who like a lady with a fuller figure)

Was going to say I paid for a new one recently no way would I ever sell it for the old price or current price you see from Austria.

The original batch never really came up for sale so I just had to bite the bullet and go NIB.

Honestly good luck but if that Austria price is accurate then it's a no brainer to go for that.

It's a kapow game so more expensive for a start. I'd want at least the price of that Austrian one which sounds a bargain. Maybe go pick up and drive it back.

Why the higher price than other premiums? Simply because they can I suspect.

There was only a handful sold in the UK originally as it hit just before lockdown. I think I got mine 2 weeks before it all went to ****.

Very few have come up for resale. I think I paid 9k for mine NIB making it the most expensive pin I’ll ever own. Much as I like it I couldn’t justify paying over ten grand on a toy.

That one is TOTAL price is less than l have been offered for mine. In fact lve had good offers on ALL the machines l am not selling

9k is only 11k if your wages have also changed in relation to inflation 😉. As a percentage of my salary pins are now 15%+ more. (As a percentage of disposable income 😱)

Back
Top Bottom