What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Returns

DRD

Registered
I bought these slings on ebay which were described by the seller as NOS. The items sent did not match the photos. The Gomez slingshot does not even have the upper hole in the right place !!!!

The seller has asked me to send them back and then he will refund the price. Yet the advert said returns not accepted.

I have been scammed once. I don't want to get scammed again.

What is my safe way of getting this refund please? I don't feel I should even be paying return postage given the misrepresented sale.

Thanks 20231129_193157.jpg

Open a case as item not as described.
If he wants them returned then a returns label should be processed at no cost to you ( although you have to arrange to take the parcel to the post office).
EBay will step in if the seller doesn’t sort things out.
Hope this helps.

You should still be able to use the return item option on eBay and mark the reason as not as described. The no returns part is only for if YOU have made a mistake and want to return, but as they are not as described eBay should handle it for you.

Reactions: DRD
They always take the side of the buyer just make sure you have proof of posting. You will have to take the return postage on the chin though.

Initiate a returns through your eBay asap. If an item is not as described you can return it, even if they say state no returns. You will likely have to pay the postage though.

I sold an old iPad a few years ago which only run older apple iOS. The buyer initiated a refund as the device could not run a newer app for his son , or so he said. Spoke with eBay on web chat, in short if you sell on eBay you are more or a less a business and must offer a refund.

If it’s not as described you don’t have to pay return postage…. it’s not your fault. Use the eBay returns system and it’s up to the seller to sort it so that you are fully refunded including postage when it was originally sent if you paid that on top.

If seller refuses or messes you about demanding you pay return postage etc then ask eBay to step in and as others have said they will side with buyer in 99.9% of cases (even when buyer is at fault, lol)

Back
Top Bottom