What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Rant 2

Steve

Registered
After my last brush with the idiots that populate eBay, I swore I wouldn't sell on there again but caved in and tried for the 3rd time to sell a particular item (a Thor statue) that attracts morons from everywhere!
In the listing I have put in big red letters: I WILL NOT POST. DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU CAN COLLECT AND PAY CASH!!

Here is a message I just received:

"Hello,

I would like to surprise my brother's gift this statue.
He would be the happiest child in the world.
My brother is a bit mentally deficient or deficient intellectual or mentally retarded or mentally handicapped.¿OK?
My brother is a perfectionist, so the statue has to be perfect, new, MINT, without fault in the paint..

I'm from Spain.
I would pay by paypal.

Please could you make international deliveries(International shipping)?
Much will it cost the shipping to Spain?

I have also afraid that this repaired or repainted.
I have fear that this repaired.
Is afraid that I have been repainted.
I have fear of failure keep painting.

no flaws or damages.

This is not repaired or repainted?

Is the statue brings the two boxes?
Does the brown shipping box and the box decorated with pictures?
That number is on the base?
That number is your statue?

What is your reason to sell this statue?
Why sell your statue?
Is there something wrong with the statue? Do you have a defect?

thank you"

You couldn't write this stuff!
:frusty:

Any good suggestions for a reply?!

Sorry I will not shop this to you. Do not bid. I will cancel your bid if you bid.

Should do it.

They seem to have a major fear of repainting :) Tell them that it has been repainted and doesn't have a number on its base and that should get them to clear off :loco:

Smells like they've used a language translator, and then where there is some ambiguity about correct translation they just copy and pasted every option.

Sounds like Neil made a good suggestion. Don't accept bids from them, could be a nightmare.

"He is good english. He speaks well english. His english speaks well. Why you criticise his english. You criticise his english is wrong. Wrong to criticise his english you are."

Yoda appears to be trying to buy your statue, tell him to come collect it himself.

You need to say.......
porfavor lea detenidamente la descripción , ya que explique claramente que no acepto giros ni paypal solamente colección en persona .
Porque tu hermano es retardado mental ?
Es usted retardado?
No ha sido pintado ni nada parecido esta en perfectas condiciones .

joder tío ! Espero que haya entendido

adiós hijo de puta !.........please don't ask for translation as my English isn't good!! Lol

Makes me glad I don't sell anything on there anymore, not that I've anything to sell though lol.

You need to say.......
porfavor lea detenidamente la descripción , ya que explique claramente que no acepto giros ni paypal solamente colección en persona .
Porque tu hermano es retardado mental ?
Es usted retardado?
No ha sido pintado ni nada parecido esta en perfectas condiciones .

joder tío ! Espero que haya entendido

adiós hijo de puta !........./QUOTE]

Woah! Just used Google Translate on that and it's a bit strong! (Do agree with it though........)

This item keeps attracting complete idiots! Here is an email conversation I have had today with another knob (Bear in mind it's on for £425 which is cheap):

[FONT=&amp]Knob: If i buy direct paid cash what can you offer? can collect asap.
Cheers[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Me: Hi,

Best I can do is £350 cash on collection.

Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Knob: Hi, Thanks for your reply will you consider £200 cash today, buy direct no fees?
Cheers[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Me: No, I'm not desperate to sell and would rather keep it than sell for that price.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Knob: Hi, bottom line what is the best you can offer?
Cheers[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Me: I've had an offer of £300 which I turned down. I would accept £325 if the statue was collected asap.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Knob: Thanks for getting back to me, sorry to harass you, would you meet half way then say £250?
Cheers[/FONT]

I'm seriously thinking of smashing it up and putting the bits on eBay just to wind these idiots up for a laugh...

Back
Top Bottom