What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Ebay Flinstones the bargain that was not was!

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Following on from this thread

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/bargains-can-still-be-had.43053/

I only just received this today! A long wait I know, but well worth it I think. All complete and in order in the backbox, no batteries fitted so no corosion, no nasty dings or damage to the cab, no smell or hint of damp anywhere, slight decal wrinkle at front legs and a tiny chip fron left leg area, backbox decal lifting slightly on back edge one side.

Not been powered up yet but reported dead DMD so whichever the fault DMD or driver board I have a spare

Also came with a tune up kit lamps rubbers balls etc, and strangely a box from the USA with 8 new balls !

Missing the dyno plastic so will need to source one? Hope to set it up tomorrow and have a better look.

DSC05779.JPGDSC05780.JPGDSC05781.JPG

I found the time tonight to power it up, but before I did I reseated all the ribbons and it booted up with a bright DMD! I thought wow that was easy! But the DMD soon went blank! I checked the voltages and both pins 1 and 2 are -118v if I remember right these have to be on the money -125v and -113v for it to work? so looks a rebuild of the high voltage is needed.

Other than that it boots and plays.

Cheers Ronnie

Had some time to tinker with this today, swapped out the DMD driver board so that is now working.

It's very dirty with some perished rubbers, lots of bulbs out, some soldering needed on some switches coils etc, the left flipper coil had to be replaced. Just gave it a basic going over before I strip the playfield to try and gauge what I need.

Some random pics...DSC05782.JPGDSC05783.JPGDSC05785.JPGDSC05786.JPGDSC05787.JPGDSC05788.JPGDSC05789.JPGDSC05790.JPGDSC05791.JPGDSC05792.JPGDSC05793.JPGDSC05794.JPGDSC05795.JPG

Anyone know what the skittles should look like? and how they work? at the moment they look like metal teeth?

I think you might be missing the hanging pins in front of the metal targets. They are aesthetic only but much nicer

I think you might be missing the hanging pins in front of the metal targets. They are aesthetic only but much nicer

Cheers Marin, looks like standard round targets at the back and the metal teeth at the front, so should be something else in front of those?

I'm in the States soon if that's the only place to get them (and you don't need them until September).

Cheers Martin, Phil has them but not sure they have the decal on them? also need a bronto or bronte crane plastic, might be handy if your over the pond

Ronnie

Actually edit that I use snowfoam which I think is similar de greaser film remover for cars, it comes concentrated so need diluted 50/50 works good for me

Back
Top Bottom