What's new

eBay - Advice Please

DRD

Registered
I sold some old cupboards for about £35. I do not care about the money, I just wanted someone to take them away and recycle the things rather than destroying them.

The winning bidder either does not understand English, has a very modest mental age, or is a prankster.

Having told them I can be around any day for the next fortnight other than this Saturday or Sunday, I get this response ....

"My husband a week can not pick up because the driver and works long.
on Saturday that works to 2 pm.
You can pick up a Saturday afternoon or Sunday.
thanks"

Can I just cancel this winning bid and avoid getting bad feedback ?

eBay is almost becoming a waste of time these days.

Thanks

Agree to cancel the auction with the buyer first.
I've had negative feedback recently before I sent the items. How can that be right?
It's in the favour of buyers and has been a long time.
Pile high in the garden and burn the lot of it, may even make you feel better !

The bloody stuff will probably not burn. Will be chipboard/ mdf/ some other crap.

Is there no way of simply cancelling the bid from these idiots ?

You can cancel the auction by just cancelling it and setting the reason as 'item lost or no longer available for sale'. I've had to do that a few times with idiots not turning up to collect when they should. Add the buyer to your blocked list and relist it. Good idea to set some buyer preferences too....minimum of 5 feedback history etc

Just had a run-in with ebay..... Guy sold me a "GENUINE" iPhone 6 charger cable that broke after 5 weeks, I asked said seller for a replacement but no replies to my request so I reported him to eBay and gave him negative feedback as a result, he must've complained about it and they removed the negative strike and said they will not do anything about it... Bastards, not bothered about the money it's the principle.

Crooks.............

You should have opened a complaint case against the seller with eBay to start with. EBay side with the buyer 100% of the time and you would have got a refund.

You should have opened a complaint case against the seller with eBay to start with. EBay side with the buyer 100% of the time and you would have got a refund.
Had them on the phone today on a call-back from a call centre somewhere in the world?? Anyway, the guy who I spoke to said because it's over 30 days I have to try get a refund from paypal.... dunno if it's worth the aggro for £3.99

Oh right, it used to be 40 days I think. But now they've parted ways with Paypal I guess they're not going to be so keen to get involved. For under a fiver I wouldn't bother.

Back
Top Bottom