What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter Weekend Tournaments - Match Play and Pin Golf

Like the idea Peter :thumbs: and would hope to be able to make 1, possibly 2 days, but would only be able to commit much nearer date due to other possible family commitments

Hi Peter,
Jack and I would be up for it..(permission from the boss pending!)
We prefer the robotbash style competition, as you get to play with all sorts of characters which is fun. High score means you are a bit of a loner, only conversing with others when you need their signature! (Slight hyperbole but you get the point).
Anyway what ever format is chosen...it's all pinball and it's all fun and that's the point!....k

Peter, I'd like to attend for a day if you do choose to open over Easter. I like the league style format where we play each other.

A quick note to say that this may well be the last ever tournament at Special When Lit... :(

Paying some bills brought on a bit of a reality check for operating SWL, costs have gone up 50% since Christmas thanks to the new lease and massive increase in the electric bill. I bought 5 projects to help pay for it but I need to start being a bit more realistic. Perhaps if I could find 30 people willing to pay £20 per month then perhaps I may be able to keep the place open but given the low attendances in recent years I very much doubt it.

Will be tough to find members for sure I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paying some bills brought on a bit of a reality check for operating SWL, costs have gone up 50% since Christmas thanks to the new lease and massive increase in the electric bill. I bought 5 projects to help pay for it but I need to start being a bit more realistic. Perhaps if I could find 30 people willing to pay £20 per month then perhaps I may be able to keep the place open but given the low attendances in recent years I very much doubt it.
Really challenging, but it would be a real shame if you can't continue. If I hadn't been pointed towards your place soon after I acquired a pinball machine 3 years ago I'd have missed out on meeting a lot of great people and lots of pinball fun/competition.

The distance restricts how often I can get there, but it's great to be able to visit and play a wide range of machines. I'd be happy to commit to £20 a month if enough others can be found and that would help you to keep going.

don't understand why electricity has moved so much?

A big thanks to everyone for their support, an excellent days pinball. :clap:

Results from yesterday:

1st Rich Mallett
2nd Greg Mott
3rd David Mainwaring
4th Ivan Miles

Pin Golf today! :thumbs:

don't understand why electricity has moved so much?

They're taking the **** with commercial electric at 3 times the domestic rate. I've complained but not expecting anything to happen given that they say they're getting the best deal on the market.

The Weekends Results in full:

Saturday Match Play, 4 player groups, 10 rounds qualifying over 6 hours. Final 3 rounds best of 3 head to head play.

1,Rich Mallett
2,Greg Mott
3,David Mainwaring
4,Ivan Miles
5,James Watson
5,Valerie Semeria
7,Hal Cullity
7,Nick Hamill
9,Peter Blakemore
10,Lukasz Dziewulski
11,Tim Slow
12,Aston Clarke
13,Dan Lewell
14,Nick Baxter-Sibley
15,Hilary Hector
16,Moira Ross
17,Jakub Gandecki

Pin Golf Qualifying, 18 holes, 5 ball games, +2 bogey over 6 hours. Final 4 Match play over 5 games.

1,Peter Blakemore
2,Rich Mallett
3,Greg Mott
4, Jack Burden
5, Nick Hamill
6,Dan Lewell
7, Mike Kindler
8,Valerie Semeria
9,Hal Cullity
10,Oli Sharp
11,Hilary Hector
12,Moira Ross