What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

East Anglia Pinball Show – Tournament

J

James

Swavesey-Pinball-Festival.jpg

Hosted alongside the The East Anglian Pinball Show – Swavesey this tournament will be in keeping with the show’s unashamed laid back nature, the competition too follows that vibe. The competition will be held on the Sunday at 13:00 at The White Horse, 1 Market Street, Swavesey, Cambs CB24 4QG, There is no pre-registration required so you can simply turn up on the day. The only requirement is be there to sign up by 12:00 on the day. Given that the competition will require to run over most of the pinball machines at the time, casual play may be affected especially in the earlier rounds to allow the players to complete the group matches.

My View

Unlike other tournaments, I love how this is going to be a laid back affair with no-one taking it too seriously from the outset, it will be interesting to see if that changes over the rounds, but it should be a good laugh. Pop along if you can to the show and this great sounding tournament for a laid back introduction to competitive pinball.

Continue reading...

Having been to the last 4 or 5 Swavesey weekends, I can say that it remains relaxed right through the weekend. It has the social aspect of a league meet, just with people from all over the country, not just your region.
The majority of people spend more time sat outside chatting, or in the bar watching the Grand Prix, than playing pinball.

The raffle on the Sunday is also sight to behold, as are the competition prizes. When I actually won, my prize was an electric shaver:rofl:

Last year it was the same weekend as England playing in the World Cup, @thelab celebrating as the first goal went in and knocking over a whole table of drinks was yet another great memory from Swavesey.

Plus it always raises a fair chunk of money for charity - a not miss pinballing event of the year.

Back
Top Bottom