What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Earthshaker - face tuck and butt lift

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
So I got a nice Earthshaker from @DRD quite a few years back, and gave it the full cleanup and new plastics treatment at the time. But a machine like this needs a bit more care and attention than that to look its best, so about a year ago I got a new playfield for it (thanks to @Pick Holder)

So what follows is a quick transformation:

First off - strip the cab and backbox
IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

Then I had my first experience with using resin as a filler, to get nice straight corners:

IMG_4635.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG

Resin is smelly but a lot better than wood filler for corners and edges, it seems to me:
IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_4748.JPG

Then a quick reassembly - well this took about three months as I'm a slow worker

IMG_5009.jpg

And some powdercoated legs, side rails etc. I thought long and hard about what colour for these. I usually prefer contasting colours but yellow or red just wouldn't have worked, so ended up with dark blue

IMG_5111.jpg

Decided to put one of @David retro 's lock bar receiver stickers on the lock bar receiver. It looks good, if not original...
IMG_5114.jpg

And there you have it

IMG_5117.jpgIMG_5119.jpg

And topped off with a home made topper.

IMG_5122.jpg

A máquina agora é tão doce que faz os meus dentes doerem

Next up, @stumblor's old Whirlwind...

Attachments

• IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: