What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Earthshaker - Early Prototype Model

DRD

Registered
5Years
It took me ages to find this. Then I went and ordered a dialed-in. I need the cash and the space and I think that 6 is enough Lawlor designed games out of my collection of 12

This game is a stone cold System 11 classic. Would be in most people's top three. Awesome art. Awesome sounds. A three flipper with side loop and sideramp which for me is the perfect pinball design.

Earthshaker performed incredibly well in the arcades, holding the record before Addams Family I think, so games are usually very heavily worn. I looked at every one for sale for about three years, this was the best one I could find

It is the desirable "falling institute" version, a feature that was removed from the main run to cut costs

The good
  • Backglass virtually mint
  • You can plug it in and play it right now
  • All the solenoids work properly, the side ramp is perfectly shootable (on many earthshakers this is a really hard shot)
  • Main mpu board just back from Andy Netherwood so has been on his test rig and repaired
  • Display has no lines out
  • Complete new spare plastics set included
  • Complete set of insert decals included
  • Unused playfield protector included
  • Sounds great
  • Cab is well above average for one of these
The bad
  • The ramps are cracked at the entrances. The game plays fine though. New ones available from Europe and the US
  • The playfield has suffered insert wear - they always do
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

£1,500 ono

I have not workshopped this game. Since I got it have fixed a few things, got the main board repaired - but I have not stripped it down, cleaned it, rebuilt the solenoids etc. As I have already stripped down, cleaned, spent much money and refurbed my other Lawlor games, Earthshaker is the one to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom