What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earthshaker 3 Bank Drop Targets

Spandangler

Site Supporter
As you can probably tell from the amount of help threads in posting at the moment, I'm having a nightmare with my pins at the moment.

After shopping out ES and closing the pf I was greeted by a rattle in the cabinet as something dropped from the underside of the pf. When I opened up the pf there was a small resistor / diode sitting in the area where the coin box would be. I can't for the life of me figure out where it fell off but now the 3 bank drop targets don't reset immediately after they're knocked down. Some times they don't reset until the ball drains and the next ball is served, sometimes they reset randomly during the ball.
I'm attributing this to the resistor I found.

Any ideas if this could cause such an issue and if so where do I need to reattach it?

thanks in advance

Gaz

Gaz - don't panic :) Could be coincidence. If something came off the drops then not sure how it would get to the coinbox area.

Anyway .....sounds like drops are still working just not resetting at right time. I'd start by going into switch tests and check switches associated with drops are working properly. Check drops solenoid is working in test also.

Thanks Grizz.
I narrowed it down to the right hand drop target registering intermittently.
So whipped the opto board out, reflowed the solder for that opto, gave it a clean and hey presto. All working. **** knows where that resistor fell off!! Haven't noticed any other anomalies as yet.

Right then, back to that ****ing Taxi!!!

Back
Top Bottom