What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DW Switch problem

JT.

Registered
After replacing a few bulbs in my DW I am now experiencing test errors on the "E", "S", "C" and "A" switches from the ESCAPE section. Can anyone advise steps to take to troubleshoot and locate the cause of the problem? The matrix shown after performing the switch edge test looks as follows (not sure if this is good or bad tbh)?

[attachment=99:DSC01262.JPG]

Is this the switch level test ( which shows any switches closed)? In which case yep the 3rd column is showing 2 Escape targets as closed - top block is E, 3rd block down is C.

Have a look at the switches and make sure they are not jammed closed,and underneath no lugs/wires are touching that shouldn't be. Test those switches manually in individual switch test and switch edge test. Possible you moved some when changing bulbs ? Where you changing them in that area ?

If all those switches are on one assembly there may be an under table connector - worth reseating that also.

Thanks, found the problem. One of the wires that looks like it links all these switches together in parallel had come away. Hadn't been working anywhere near that location, so I must have just been clumsy.....

Back
Top Bottom