What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DW light problem

JT.

Site Supporter
One light in the matrix of red lights on my DW, just lower down the playfield than the darleks, is not working - it has never worked since I owned the machine. I have tried:

- Changing the bulb - no difference.

- Using the bulb holder somewhere else on the board to rule out a bulb holder issue (it works fine in other places).

Any ideas what the likely issue is/how to troubleshoot, e.g. can I check for voltages at various places to work out if it is a problem with the PCB that this matrix of bulbs are mounted on, or an issue occurring somewhere else, before power reaches the PCB (e.g. some wiring issue).

JT.' date=' post: 1677277 said:
One light in the matrix of red lights on my DW, just lower down the playfield than the darleks, is not working - it has never worked since I owned the machine. I have tried:

- Changing the bulb - no difference.

- Using the bulb holder somewhere else on the board to rule out a bulb holder issue (it works fine in other places).

Any ideas what the likely issue is/how to troubleshoot, e.g. can I check for voltages at various places to work out if it is a problem with the PCB that this matrix of bulbs are mounted on, or an issue occurring somewhere else, before power reaches the PCB (e.g. some wiring issue).

Try reflowing the solder on the pins that are on the green light board. Sounds like a cracked solder joint.

Just heat up the base of the pins until the solder starts to run , pretty sure this should solve your problem.

Thanks guys, I will give the soldering tip a try (hopefully this weekend) and let you know how I get on. If it's still not working, I may come back to you GrizZ for more advice about how to identify and replace failed diodes.

Back
Top Bottom