What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duracell batteries - to be avoided?

mark9

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Craven
I've always thought it was worth paying more for decent batteries, like Duracell, but this battery leaked and ruined a smoke alarm in my house. Bought from Asda's some time ago, but with an expiry date of 2019, I don't think I will buy anymore.

Don't forget to check those batteries from time to time in your machines, despite the expiry date!

IMG_2652.JPG

Reactions: JT.
There's more Fake Duracells around out there than most think - I'll bet you thats one of them!

Go for some energizer Ultimate Lithium - Much more expensive, however MUCH less likely to leak, and last longer :)

Just taken a set of furry batteries out of a led torch that I hadn't used for a while.

Needless to say the torch doesn't work anymore... :mad:

I always renew the batteries in my games at the start of January every year to prevent this sort of thing happening.

Furry .jpg

March 2019 again.....A bad batch or fake as Paul says? Would Asda sell fakes?

I've had some March 2019 Duracell batteries leak on me too. I'm pretty sure they were bought from a supermarket so wouldn't expect them to be fake. Perhaps they were from the same bad batch?

I'm pretty sure that my furry batteries were bought from a supermarket or from a stationary store, not from a market stall, so I expect that they were genuine Duracell.

They had been in my torch for a couple of years, so my fault for not checking them regularly.

Pretty sure Duracell have a policy to compensate if "there " batteries leak.

I'd say almost all leaking Duracell are fakes. If they are legit, Duracell will compensate you so it's worth sending them off.

You'd think that Asda wouldn't sell fakes, I can't comment on whether they do, but then you'd think Amazon wouldn't sell fake headphones

Had the same problem in a radio recently...on a side note when replacing the batteries will the high score and settings memory wipe straight away or will it last if they are changed quickly?

Had the same problem in a radio recently...on a side note when replacing the batteries will the high score and settings memory wipe straight away or will it last if they are changed quickly?

Just keep the power on Rob while you change the batteries and everything will be saved.

Just chiming in and agreeing with @Paul . I generally replace the batteries in my games with Energizer Ultimate Lithiums. Last night I just did LOTR and took out 3 Duracells good until 2019, no leakage or anything but I suspect on their way out and the original ones with the game as it still had the zip-tie in place from the factory. Last time I bought 3 packs of 4, enough for 4 games. I'm already down to my last 3!

Games that have a battery pack already installed I tend to be a bit less worried about as if they leak, they leak into the battery pack and then you just nip to Maplin and replace that. Never had it happen yet but the board survives and the batteries kill a £4 plastic pack instead which is easily replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom