What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking thread..

Given the state of it all, much real alcohol is probably called for these days.

But if your thoughts turn to low-alcohol beer, a mate introduced me to this. It is the best low alcohol beer I have tasted, and the only one I am minded to drink again.

It is reasonably priced and low calorie too. No crap listed in the ingredients either

I’ve been drinking non alcohol bottles the past 10 weeks due to hospital tests and really getting a taste for them but that all ended tonite.
Two days ago my my results came in and consultant told me to drink and eat whatever I like and don’t worry about things. so I thought fk it life really is too short.
It was so nice albeit only the one and it left me half cut 😂

07CA8502-A324-40FF-A1E5-2ED58BCD52D2.jpeg2168B5B1-1079-477D-A090-245D5D04A64D.jpeg

My mate started a 0 alcohol company. Called Big Drop. It’s nice actually. All things considered. Not my cuppa tea though

@Colywobbles

What low alcohols were any good pls ?
Bear in mind im no beer expert hence my goto are Wife Beater (Stella) and Moretti. I found the former really nice but the latter Moretti terrible.
The Wife bought me several alternatives on her shopping trips and most were quite nice even the Aldi and Lidl unbranded stuff. It’s hard to say whether you would like them as the saying goes ”one man’s Meat “
However the days of one choice non alcoholic drinks are gone ie Caliber. This was absolutely terrible back in the day and im not sure if its even still going. 7 out of the 10 I have tried were decent so I just kept buying them.
Now this sounds like im a bit of an alchy but no I like one bottle/can maybe 5 times a week max. One thing of note after reading the threads suggestions to try this or that was the fact some of them were twice the price of the cheap stuff yet I preferred the cheaper alternative so maybe all these super brewed masterpieces are wasted on a peon like me.

I am not sure how these new non alco beers are brewed but they do dry you out like their 4% + alternatives so leave you wanting more which is ok especially as it forgoes the aftermath of a stinking headache.

My only tip which sounds pretty obvious is best served ice cold like any real beer I guess.

I gave up drinking 4 years ago, but when I go to social events, or out for a meal, I’ll drink non alcoholic lager. As people have already mentioned, the non alcoholic stuff nowadays is really pretty decent.
The first time I tried them, was around 3 years ago at a wedding, think I drank around 6 or 7, it was a very strange feeling, drinking what my brain thought was alcohol, but being completely sober, and getting in the car and driving home !

The first time I tried them, was around 3 years ago at a wedding, think I drank around 6 or 7,
I did Dry Jan a couple of years ago and noticed that I was still drinking a large quantity of non-alcoholic beers when out, as if they were alcoholic. Since stopping drinking completely a few months ago though, and reading a few books about it (e.g. Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol and Annie Grace's This Naked Mind) it's now clear that drinking those types of volumes of non-alcoholic stuff was just a habitual hang-over from drinking alcohol - that the reason we end up drinking such large volumes of alcohol on a night-out is simply because each glass of alcohol actually dehydrates you more and more. Since realising that, I'm drinking far less non-alcoholic stuff when out, just the kind of volume I'd drink if drinking water or a cuppa at home.

A trick of mine when I used to go in binge drink weekends was to go pint of larger followed by pint of beer the results were staggering dinking from 10 in the morning till two the following morning I stated fairly sober.
The rest of the lads either fell by the wayside before 10 quite litterally some not managing to find the way back to hotel and ending in the Beach / hedge / gutter!
Also no hangover which I know is hard to believe but true.
Mind you half the day was spent in the ****er 😂

Long story short:

Last 2 kegs here have been Bud Light, trying to cut down. That’s a 100 litres!
Bro-in-law turns up the other Sunday and says get in the car we are going for a drink.
Drives to a holiday place a few miles away with a bar and gets a round in, Mahou is handed to me.
A few quick pints later drives me back home and invited him in for some pinball and Bud Light (☺️)
Monday morning, me WTF happened yesterday😂
Well that will teach me for having Bud Light for a few weeks!
Last Thursday I got a keg of Mahou in, glasses arrived today but been drinking in Heiny glasses.
Not getting caught out like that again FFS😂
Invited Bro-in-law for free drinks, I’m ready😁
Lesson learned but apparently this lager is catching people out, 5.1% but just effects people more like it’s stronger.

🍻
834205E2-7C8B-485C-A808-FA7585DF4F1A.jpeg

My standard calling card when staying with friends is a bottle of Maker's Mark. Either they drink it, or I do when I next visit.

Maker's Mark has done Xmas jumpers for a while (pic is last year's offering). Last couple of years it seemed to be the bottle warmers.

This year they are doing the proper adult size L ones. Essentially "free". So I bought 10, as you do.

They are £24.90 - so it was cheaper to buy the Xmas bundle than just a bottle on its own

20231104_092300.jpg

Attachments

• 16990910181553216931200006553880.jpg
    16990910181553216931200006553880.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom