What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Lair

yeah I know which I don't understand, gameplay is so thin.

yeah I know which I don't understand, gameplay is so thin.
DL is more of an experience than proper game. Not hard to complete, Dragon's Lair 2 is extremely tough and infuriating. I've only ever got half way through before getting thoroughly miffed with it and turning it off in disgust. I totally understand plenty of people not liking it though. I don't believe there's any interest in a DL pinball though so it's all moot really.

Dragons Lair is an amazing piece of nostalgia. I totally agree that the gameplay was poor at best, but I'll never forget the day I walked into the arcade (on holiday with my parents) and this machine was front and centre, with a small group surrounding it

I pretty much camped out at that arcade for the rest of the holiday, burning through my pocket money 50p a pop (when most other games were 20p), and watching others between times. I kept a notebook of the moves and it's fair to say I was obsessed.

Every time that attract theme plays I'm taken back. As with any nostalgia piece it has a massive following from those that had that experience. Looking forward to seeing this

Dragons Lair is an amazing piece of nostalgia. I totally agree that the gameplay was poor at best, but I'll never forget the day I walked into the arcade (on holiday with my parents) and this machine was front and centre, with a small group surrounding it

I pretty much camped out at that arcade for the rest of the holiday, burning through my pocket money 50p a pop (when most other games were 20p), and watching others between times. I kept a notebook of the moves and it's fair to say I was obsessed.

Every time that attract theme plays I'm taken back. As with any nostalgia piece it has a massive following from those that had that experience. Looking forward to seeing this
Love the swirling logo animation, I guess all games at the time was all bitmap style low res graphics and this game was full blown artwork which is pretty cool. Think it was basically just a DVD player? And you just controlled which chapter it played or something like that.

Looks good! - who knows if it's ever be released, but interesting either way.

Although the gameplay is very thin, I used to Love Dragon's Lair as a Kid - I had 1 & 2 on the Philips Cd-i and used to play through DL1 all the way through over and over; just enjoying memorising the levels (and reacting when they were mirrored). Also had Mad dog Mcree with the blue plastic gun and the crap sensor bar.
Was pretty cool when they released the games for iphone years back; great game to pass the time during train journeys. A couple of years back I bought DL1+2 + Space Ace for PS4 when it was a few quid; really need to put some time in to DL2 and Space Ace, as never got very far with those due to frustration.
Apart from the Cd-i (and terrible Amiga versions..) DL always makes me think of Retrogaming radio (with Shane R.Monroe?) the pod-cast before pod casts were a thing and he's always talk about the re-releases by Digital Leisure. That period (around 1997) was a great time for me; had just discovered MAME (or MacMame at the time on the iMac I had - still have that at my folkes; blue one), and couldn't believe that I could play the arcade ver. of Final Fight at home! (also blew my mind when CPS2 was emulated and could play Alien Vs. Predator for the first time!)

I too have a fondness for Dragon's Lair (Although mainly Dragon's Lair II), It might be because of how amazing it was to see this game running compared to what my Master System (at the time) could do!

I could see this pinball being pretty decent if made by one of the big players like stern but if not then I'll hold my breath and pass judgment when I see it in action :)

How in the name of all ****ery did they think they could make it without a license? There really are some incredible muppets in this world.

And now it's live again!

Edit: All posts and images have been removed. Even the original poll has been removed and replaced with a new one.

This is predator all over again except luckily, no one has lost money this time.

Last edited:
What is the picture on the main body of the pf meant to be? I just see green lines and fire?

Also they missed a trick not making Daphne the main picture!

Back
Top Bottom