What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Dr Who

Mooseman

Site Supporter
Heres some pics from a Dr Who I did last year, meant to write it up here at the time. Ive since sold it so may be missing some shots. Picked it up from way up in Scotland, involved a stay overnight and a ferry. The machine was a present to this guys daughter, she hadnt played it for about 10yrs so He was selling it and keeping the money for himself lol.IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0807.JPG

It was pretty dirty, extreme cab fade and the time expander didnt work.
IMG_0831.JPG
Took the expander apart, there is good instruction on the net and after the first time I could do it in under 5 mins so not that much of a hassle. Took it all apart and cleaned. It needed a new gearbox as the brass gears were mashed, a few opto led's were broken on the expander too.

IMG_0822.JPG IMG_1802.JPG IMG_1858.jpg
The factory tardis is a bit naff so made another out of a usb hub. Through away all the inards and cut it the same as original. Also swopped over the old light.

The switch covers were also pretty naff, what these black things are supposed to be Barry? I do not know.
IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0805.JPG

So I made some new ones. Again a dremel and a toy make for something more pleasing to the eye.IMG_1857.jpg IMG_1856.jpg

As I said the cab was badly faded. So Mrs Moose and I set about repainting it with glass paint. I have now seen that someone has done some decals for Dr Who, but none were available last year.IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0850.JPG

Didn't realize how much work you actually put into that Dr Poo.
Great work.

Back
Top Bottom