What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr who mods

Mooseman

Site Supporter
Dr Who has some really crappy switch covers on the ramps so I was looking for something a bit better but also within the era of the machine. I found a davros push along toy and dremelled it to go on the left ramp. The right ramp cover is an old broken k9 remote control toy again with the guts removed. I added a red led to the eye but have not wired it in yet. The tardis is an idea from a guy in the usa. Its a usb tardis that ive taken apart modified and fitted. Its a perfect size and is far more detailed than the original.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 39
How about some flashing LED's in that K9's visor.... ;)

Some great looking mods there Mooseman :)

Move over Andy Dreads there's a new boy on the block.
Like very much, shame I hate the game.

Cheers guys. Dont think im in mr dredds league.
I also painted the cab like martin did and powder coated the legs.
still awaiting my mate and his airbrush to finish off the WHO with some red gradient.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 21
Looks familiar......... eBay from Dunoon?? Good job.....it had been lying unplayed in direct sunlight for years.

Yep thats the one. The couple were lovely hed had a few over the years. Gave them as prezzies to people and then sold them if they didnt play them lol.
He sold his missus sttng which she was miffed at. The doc was a wedding present to the son in law.
Did you go and have a look at it??

Yep thats the one. The couple were lovely hed had a few over the years. Gave them as prezzies to people and then sold them if they didnt play them lol.
He sold his missus sttng which she was miffed at. The doc was a wedding present to the son in law.
Did you go and have a look at it??

Had some photos sent, and asked them to bootup as it had been lying for years. They did, after much coaxing.. and hey-presto.. it worked and realistically doubled the value I offered. Lesson to be learnt there somewhere.... but they don't call me honest John for nothing. Well done, you have certainly polished some extra coin into it....

What did you use to repaint the cab? Mask it off and then airbrush or rattle cans?
Glass paint and frog tape. I tried doing the spraying myself using a spray can but it was too erratic, then i did too much and it looked pants. My mate is a good airbrusher and should do it no problems. Id have a go myself if i had an airbrush. My good friend wizcat gave me some frisket to mask the who letter.
the pic is my failed attemt that i simply wiped off and started again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 20
Looks a good finish to say you used glass paint, do you see many brush marks in the larger areas. Was thinking of using my glass paint of BSD but wondered how it would look on a big bit.

I found it best not to paint rather to spread the puddle about. I put very little on the brush and just expanded the area. I bought 2 colours in the same range and make yet found out the yellow was water based and the red was not. The yellow leached under frog tape the red didnt if you removed it straight away. I learnt to paint the yellow on first and didnt bother with tape as you could overpaint the yellow with the red where i did use frog tape for a straight edge. Frog tape is a green masking tape with anti paint repellant on it.. Its not the dogz b's that they make it out to be as the paint it repells is emulsion. It did work ish with glass paint but you needed to remove it straight away.

A few more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 12
Anyone lay claim to now owning my old dr who. Just wondering we’re it’s at reading these old threads

I did the Whomobile Mod to replace the vague looking whomobiles a number of years ago now, still have a DIY manual under Kit Builds here:

Bally - Dr Who - Whomobile Mod 1.jpg

Bally - Dr Who - Whomobile Mod 2.jpg

I also was asked to recreate the MPF bracket that is often distorted and once distorted the sensors don't work, has built stiffeners and light baffles which make it very stable.

Bally - Dr Who - MPF 1.jpg

The pinsound packs are fun @Devorian - takes a long time to perfect them. I did one for MM that put in the Holy Grail Monty Python voices and soundtrack.

Considering Dr Whos worldwide market - I am surprised it has not been given another outing in a pinball machine.

The pinsound packs are fun @Devorian - takes a long time to perfect them. I did one for MM that put in the Holy Grail Monty Python voices and soundtrack.

Considering Dr Whos worldwide market - I am surprised it has not been given another outing in a pinball machine.
I created mine out of necessity, seeing as I don't like any of the alternatives. All that anyone has done previously is change the background music and they couldn't even get that right. Nobody has bothered to change the voices or sound effects. I think I'm getting fairly close to 500 samples now, all stereo and normalised. Not to mention all keeping within that classic who era 1963 - 1989

Back
Top Bottom