What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download 2023 / monster of rock

edward.emms

Registered
Hello and anyone off to download festival this year .
**** poor line up for me and all welcome to buy me a beer .
Booked before they announced any bands .
Metallica twice
Bring me the hairdryer
Slipknot
So a mixture
Some decent bands bur only 8 over 4 days for me

Hello and anyone off to download festival this year .
**** poor line up for me and all welcome to buy me a beer .
Booked before they announced any bands .
Metallica twice
Bring me the hairdryer
Slipknot
So a mixture
Some decent bands bur only 8 over 4 days for me

I was holding out for the lineup to be announced but in the end just not enough bands that interested me. Also, most of bands would likely clash for times too.

Slipknot live are awesome though.

I was planning another trip to Rock Am Ring at nurburgring this year but a friend decided he was getting married the same week and stag that weekend. The cheek of him eh.

Hope you have a great time 🤘

For a 20th anniversary it’s a relatively weak line up. There’s still enough interesting stuff lower down the bill though so I’m happy.
I was expecting the third announcement of bands to contain a lot more mid sized acts but it was more than a touch underwhelming when it came out in May. There’s fewer bands in total this year but spread across an extra day.
Avatar, parkway drive and Skindred are playing so that’s all good.

I’m dreading how busy the tents will be if there are 20,000 or so extra people to normal. I suspect it will be virtually impossible to see electric callboy. (That’s either very good or very bad depending on your age 😂).

Annoyed that Seether and Dead Sarah pulled out without any official announcement. Less bothered about the Distillers and FFDP.

I was looking back at the last few years and there’s never more than 20 or so bands I really like across the weekend anyway so this year is pretty par for the course.

I did toy with Bloodstock this year but that’s 5 great bands and lots that I actively dislike so 3 days would be hard going.

Slipknot are great. My wife's favourite band. Everytime I take her car and turn the engine on, they blast through the speakers. Lol.
Seen them live too but getting too old to see more than 3 bands in a row. My knees are going...
Enjoy if you are going.
Try Resurrection fest in Northern Spain. Great line ups and you can get in an out of the festival so you can walk to the beach!!!

I took Ethan to Download for a day last year to see Iron Maiden. It was his first ever Festival :cool: He enjoyed it so much that he has insisted on doing all four days this year :clap: His first concert was Metallica at the O2 when he was 6, so he is mega excited to see them again. I'm really looking forward to Slipknot and Bring Me the Horizon and my wife is looking forwards to seeing Halestorm again .
20220615_173028.jpg20220611_212503.jpg

First two day have been absolutely Epic and the Architects and Bring Me The Horizon were amazing last night. Also really enjoyed Asking Alexandria, Jinjer and Demob Happy.

Also great to run into John during Demob Happy.

The Highlight so far was Lzzy from Halestorm waving and blowing Ethan a kiss while he was sat on my sholders at the front.

IMG-20230610-WA0016.jpg20230610_135744.jpg

Strangest moment so far was the Cancer Bats being cut short and carrying on playing their last song with no sound.

Good to meet you briefly yesterday. Combination of deafness and loud music didn’t make it easy to chat 😂

Was surprised how great the staging was for BMTH preferred their set to Metallicas one on Thursday (loved tonight’s though)

So far best bands for me have been the Nova Twins and Bob Vylan.

The top stage has been insanely busy. Doubt I’ll bother trying to see ghost tomorrow. 😢

Looking forward to seeing Avatar tomorrow.

I know the promoters are getting a lot of **** about it being overcrowded but apart from Thursdays travel issues it’s been all right.

I seem to enjoy the line up of Glasto this year more than Download. Download is going to try and move away from the 'classic' rock acts.

My first Donington (1984) had AC/DC, Van Halen, Gary Moore, Ozzy Osbourne, Motley Crue, Y&T and Accept. 7 bands - one stage. Still considered the best one day line up at any UK festival - I tend to agree.

1985 saw Metallica with Cliff Burton, they appeared 3rd band on out of 7.

Each to their own. Personally I always think the line up of Glastonbury reflects a crowd that doesn’t really care about music.

For anyone interested tickets for Motley Crues “secret” gig at Camden underworld this Friday go on sale tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom