What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Anyone On Here Understand Facebook ?

DRD

Registered
I am setting up a not-for-profit community cinema in my village. I have just got the go ahead and funding to do a test film season

I tried to create a basic facebook page for it yesterday. As it uses the word "Cinema", facebook sees it as a business so made me put this new page under my own existing and rarely used personal account.

If folk search for it from their facebook accounts- "East Markham Cinema", they cannot find it. A google search does not work either. Yet the first post I made on its page (ticket and forthcoming film information) does seem to exist and has had 100 visitors and three likes.

My wife is working abroad and somehow managed to share a post from the cinema page. So she managed to get hold of it somehow

Can anyone help pls ?

Thanks

It's quite difficult to get your posts noticed on pages. A user who "likes" you page then has to alter their settings to see all the posts you'll make. It's all to get page managers to pay for promoting their page and posts.

NERG has over 4000 "likes" but when I make a post, only a very small percentage of people see it. I have to pay to get a post promoted and more people will see it.

It's a nightmare trying to get the UKPinfest page off the ground but I'm holding a competition soon to boost the "likes"

Might be better setting it up as a Group instead of a Page. I don't get many notifications from Pages I've liked these days....tonnes of notifications from Groups though. Facebook has stated that this year they will be practically cutting unpaid business pages from peoples newsfeeds.

I searched for it by the way and couldn't find it.

Reactions: DRD
Thanks to @Big Phil - this is taken from the facebook help pages .... "Please keep in mind that it can take several days for a new Page to start appearing in search results."

Back
Top Bottom