What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD Issue

stevefrith

Site Supporter
The DMD on a WPC machine has just failed - blank screen.

I swapped it into another machine and the DMD is fine.

The connectors look fine, I swapped out the ribbon cable and still no sign of life.

Any suggestions welcome please,,,

Steve

You’ve probably lost a power supply. Meter them. You should see three dc voltages around 62v, -113v and -125v. Loss of any of these will cause the display not to work. The 62v fails most commonly in my experience

Few solutions:

1-Put in a Pin2dmd or colordmd :) Easiest fix !

2-Buy a new HV board. I have repaired that many old boards it is sometimes just easier and nicer to have something like this:

It piggy backs onto existing board. By the time you buy components and f about for a couple of hours..... this is probably the most cost effective.

3 - The whole replacement board is double the cost of that:

Many thanks for all your constructive an helpful suggestions. Color DMD replacement is definitely not an option, so I think I'll opt fpr the DMD power supply PCB. I did swap it out with an old board I found in my spares box but it was obviously an old knackered one as one of the chips was missing - though it did have more signs of life on it than the existing board!

Back
Top Bottom