What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DERBY RETRO ARCADE EVENT

steve brum

Site Supporter
steve brum added a new event:

DERBY RETRO ARCADE EVENT

its the week before pinfest but will bring pins to a whole new audience.

hope folks can pop in and say hello.

will be only a few pins but a lot of arcade cabs and consoles

Read more about this event...

Provisional game list
Terminator 2
TMNT
Munsters
Batman 66
Star Wars (Stern Pro)
Doctor Who

1 hour in.
4 player abandoned games
Seal flipping
Can't find start button
Kids playing real pinball for the first time
Parents and grandparents acting like grand wizards and being thrashed by 5 year old

Bringing pinball to the masses again

Attachments

• 20220819_100415.jpg
    20220819_100415.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220819_100430.jpg
    20220819_100430.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 26
I’m taking a grandchild for tomorrow morning’s session. Did they have a power outage today. I saw something on the website saying ‘the power is now back on!’ Tried to buy an adult and a child ticket but adult tickets were sold out so I had to buy a family ticket!

Said sold out for us too but you can buy on the door no problem. Was a fun day and the cafe is also excellent

Looks awesome!
Hoping to get today 2-6pm slot
Can’t seem to find a link to book on line ?
Can you pay on door ?

Just found link but says sold out !
Must be popular

Attachments

• C4E1ECA1-7E2C-4E70-89A7-2A0A60109BE3.png
    C4E1ECA1-7E2C-4E70-89A7-2A0A60109BE3.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 2
Just got back with family everyone enjoyed it 👍🏻 Brilliant
Surprise for me was how good Dr who pinball was after I played it for the first time wasn’t impressed. This time I loved it 😂
Good fun locking balls in and hitting the targets, reminds me of pinbot

Event was massive success for the museum with 1500 visitors (target was 1000). Advance tickets were however slow so there was no budget for extra pinball and video or staffing . Hopefully next year this will change. I need that extra person to promote pinball , stop hogging and seal flipping etc . At least this time we remembered the best newbie mod ever

received_791308611909725.jpeg

Event was massive success for the museum with 1500 visitors (target was 1000). Advance tickets were however slow so there was no budget for extra pinball and video or staffing . Hopefully next year this will change. I need that extra person to promote pinball , stop hogging and seal flipping etc . At least this time we remembered the best newbie mod ever

View attachment 178447
That was my only gripe some people just stand there playing as many games as they want while loads queue behind.
Inconsiderate

Some of the arcade games puzzled people too. I was stood with my grandchild behind a family ‘playing’ PacMan. Took me a while to realise they were just ‘playing’ the attract mode. They couldn’t work out why pac-man didn’t respond to the joystick. I eventually showed them the start button

Some of the arcade games puzzled people too. I was stood with my grandchild behind a family ‘playing’ PacMan. Took me a while to realise they were just ‘playing’ the attract mode. They couldn’t work out why pac-man didn’t respond to the joystick. I eventually showed them the start button
Bloody hell lol

Quite a few times Ive seen people playing Robotron and just using the left hand stick to move the player about trying to avoid the other robots.

Back
Top Bottom