What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demolition Man door switch Question

mark adams

Registered
Does anybody have a photo of the inside of the coin door and how it interacts with the power switch(es)
I have a customer with one, there looks like there should be a bracket that actuates the 2 switches except it is missing.

Hi, Mark,

There've been a couple of questions about this lately. Does it look as if the door has been changed at some point? With the one being fitted lacking the plate to push in the two switches. AIR, u.k. production, with C220 electronic acceptor, had a large plate spot-welded to the door, rather than that little one fixed onto the hinge.

I don't think Demolition Man has a problem with the 'computer' switch (unlike, say, Dr. Who or Johnny Mnemonic), though. Unless the owner has safety concerns, the power switch could be altered so that its two circuits are made with the switch as it lies. That's if there isn't a yellow "service bracket" handy to push in the switch, or it's a 2-way switch, where the plunger can be pulled out to make contact.

Hi,
Actually, it does look as if the door has been changed, there are bolts missing from the door frame and others are loose, i didn't see the engineer override bracket anywhere in the machine and they are not two-way switches.
Does anyone have an engineer override bracket they could sell me?

I think it was an Indiana Jones Pba that I converted from a Dutch 'DBV' door to a u.k. type, and was faced with this situation. For commercial use, rather than trusting that the yellow bracket would remain in place, I moved each of the wires on the 'NO' terminals of the power switch to the relevant 'NC' terminal.

Back
Top Bottom