What's new

Demo man LED

Andy Hancock

Site Supporter
hi all
This might not be technical to you but it is to me !

Fancy making my demo-man full led . Seen some nice pictures of ones done but there's so many choices of brightness and colours and I'm such a newb .
Anyone have a list of what I need (this is incompetence as well as laziness)?

Or is there a good kit of bulbs that won't ghost I can buy to make it easy ?

Apologies once more for newbness. Only been doing this 3 years . Looking for longest newb award

Cheers all

Stay away from yellow bulbs as they are not very bright, use warm white instead. You can buy kits as a foundation, but I prefer to experiment myself, e.g. cool white under blue. If you can afford it buy a few different types and colours so you can see what works best.

I've always found the non-ghosting bulbs from https://www.onestoppinball.co.uk/ to be very good, and there is also http://www.pinball-led.co.uk/.

A lot of people recommended Comet bulbs but you have to order from the States I believe.

Comet all the way Andy - if you are quick enough Neil McRae has a thread on here offering to bring some back at cost... but has to be ordered with Neil by Thursday.... :)

Comet all the way Andy - if you are quick enough Neil McRae has a thread on here offering to bring some back at cost... but has to be ordered with Neil by Thursday.... :)
Thanks Paul That's what got me thinking but not sure what I need . Maybe I'll just buy a big mix and take it from there

I prefer the cheap led bulbs and an LED OCD board approach. Bright LED loveliness with sexy incandescent fading effects. Perfect.

Failing that, grab a few bags of white bayonet, and white wedge. Yes you can use colour matching, however that tends to make the colours of the Inserts very bright... No Fear were colour matched... if you get my drift :)

hi all
This might not be technical to you but it is to me !

Fancy making my demo-man full led . Seen some nice pictures of ones done but there's so many choices of brightness and colours and I'm such a newb .
Anyone have a list of what I need (this is incompetence as well as laziness)?

Or is there a good kit of bulbs that won't ghost I can buy to make it easy ?

Apologies once more for newbness. Only been doing this 3 years . Looking for longest newb award

Cheers all

An easy way is to buy a full set bespoke to your machine. Comes with a plan of the playfield showing where they all go. Buy quality eg. Comet. Then be prepared for your LEDs to show ghosting. Then fork out over a hundred quid for an OCD board.
Expensive hobby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Going comet via Neil. They don't do a dm kit but I worked out most what I need and I see you can play around with gi colours etc
I'm not OCD enough for OCD board yet ( although my taf has one and it's awesome)
Changing all the bulbs is a first for me that alone boards

Back
Top Bottom