What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete post button

JT.

Site Supporter
Might be nice to add this feature if possible and not too much hassle? Would save a few of the threads with a random dot in them

Might be nice to add this feature if possible and not too much hassle? Would save a few of the threads with a random dot in them

Could cause a lot of havoc if abused, I don't think even Pinside let you delete posts. Generally editing it to say 'duplicate post' is enough.

Really? They have it on other forums I use and it's fine.

Yeah it works if it leaves behind a little notification where the post was of 'Post deleted' or something like that, I have seen sites where say there are 3 posts, post 1 is an inflammatory comment, post 2 is something adding fuel to the fire and post 3 is someone yelling post 2 for being a terrible person - then post 2 gets deleted and it looks like post 3 is yelling at post 1 instead and then those 2 people just argue about it, it can be abused if not done right.

That's exactly why I have left the 'edit' button enabled - delete does get abused - I would rather have a '.' and as an admin be able to check what was written (just in case), rather than no trace.... In my experience it does let abused - hence why it's disabled... ;)

Back
Top Bottom