What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deeproot Pinball “Do not intend to sell internationally at this time”

J

James

New deeproot pinball logo
I contacted deeproot asking about U.K distribution, today I got this reply.

Deeproot Pinball “Do not intend to sell internationally at this time”

Continue reading...

Maybe because they don't have a pinball machine to sell yet 😂

Kind of pointless asking at this point... Prototype machines is due at Houston Arcade Expo on 15/16 November... Machines for sale by Summer 2020 they will look after the domestic market before export so unless anyone brought and flew a machine over I wouldn't expect at EU built machine to land over here until early 2021... Hopefully I'm wrong!

Every manufacture apart from Stern have all been picked up by @philpalmer... JJP, Spooky, America, Homepin and also Dutch Pinball until they had their legal issues...

So money is on Pinball Heaven picking up Deeproot when they release and if the demand is good! Without Phil the UK scene would be very one dimensional

Don't disagree - but ultimately @Tilt_Birmingham - they don't have a plan.

Don't forget - this is a company who have said they feel the distributor section of the market isn't for them and are potentially looking to go direct to end users. This would mean a different business support system, a different go to market strategy, a different price point... That could go against the principles they have set themselves, or it could mean a lot of further investment in new processes and systems (as would direct interaction outside of the their manufacture territory) - so I'd say it isn't a given.

I have updated the site to reflect the TWIP post on this that states "TWIP reached out to deeproot for clarification – they do plan to offer machines globally after they launch." - not that this is much of an update at this time. It was also discussed in the Head2Head pinball podcast - http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/24/episode-97-shut-up-and-take-my-money/ - which is being discussed 32:00 onwards - but the whole thing is worth a listen.

Anyone for an update? http://deeprootpinball.com/

In response to inquiries, we would like to expound upon our prior statement, "At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo." Two early prototypes of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA) will be at the Houston Arcade Expo on November 15-16, 2019. These prototypes will not have final art, design, or code. Our primary goal is to collect real-world data. There will be a minimal deeproot staff presence only to monitor data and performance of the machine components.
We expect to complete engineering and launch early next year. A press release and media qualification form will be forthcoming. We also plan to release a teaser for our second title prior to the Houston Arcade Expo show. This teaser will showcase a level of cinematic animation never before seen with pinball, courtesy of deeproot Studios.
Other pinball manufacturers interested in licensing the deeproot package of innovations, or intending on attending the launch, should email us for more information or complimentary invitations.
Lastly, all parties interested in becoming distributors should email us with a Letter of Interest for consideration. The LOI should highlight: region served, regulatory costs and logistics (if outside the US), industry knowledge, technical competence, sales history summary, and average buyer base. Even if you have already contacted us prior, please re-submit your interest.

So - they will have no final art, design or code.... If they want real world data then put the machines on location like other companies used to do with protos. Plus by the sound of it - they are saying 'we are only sending tech staff so dont bother talking to them'.

Throw a machine together that flips a pinball round a few shots.... then wait for the cash to fly in..... Sounds like another company I know.

I wouldnt want to buy a game off them, they may make one or two and go under, like Heighway (that had some investors that put serious money into it).

They talk a good talk.

Heard it all before.

Can not see Mr Palmer emailing them to ask for consideration to be UK distributors.

So - they will have no final art, design or code.... If they want real world data then put the machines on location like other companies used to do with protos. Plus by the sound of it - they are saying 'we are only sending tech staff so dont bother talking to them'.

Throw a machine together that flips a pinball round a few shots.... then wait for the cash to fly in..... Sounds like another company I know.

I wouldnt want to buy a game off them, they may make one or two and go under, like Heighway (that had some investors that put serious money into it).

They talk a good talk.

Heard it all before.

Can not see Mr Palmer emailing them to ask for consideration to be UK distributors.

Can't wait to see you eat your words if they knock it out the park!

I've emailed them.... worth a chat and the control freak in me wont let anyone else be distributor!!!

And why not too. It's easy enough to send an expression of interest without any commitment - and it keeps your finger in the pie.

The 'not final version' of everything just sounds to me like they are just giving themselves breathing room to change stuff, should they want to. Agree that effectively it's still all talk - but an interesting development. Now that they have been explicit about Houston they will be obliged to be there with machines. If they bail on that again you would imagine that the collective trust (what is left of it) in will be well and truly shot.

thought i'd check-in for a laugh:

deeproot Launch Information
UPDATED 6.15.2020
Like so many others, the pandemic has challenged nearly every part of our business and the lives of our employees. We were permitted to return to the office in late May, and we have been working diligently towards repairing our supply chain, adding back in some more innovations (scrapped for March), and the impending release of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland.

Much has changed in the last few months for pinball. Marketing, launching, and getting a pinball machine in front of pinheads has required new levels of brainstorming. In 2019, we wanted to show off the '5 days of deeproot', and back in March we want to show off live in front of guests with a grand launch. Neither of those launch concepts make sense any more. Therefore soon we will take a low-key approach. We will welcome a few pinball VIPs for a special recorded tour through our R&D history, innovations, and facilities. More to come...

For more information, please see our past interviews on TWIP or Kaneda's Pinball Podcast.

Ever since the Wayne 'Crocodile Hunter' and the Wayne 'MM remake' saga I have a simple rule with pinball. I believe it when I see a machine in front of me.

Would I trust a deposit with say Deeprot ? Not on your life !

If anything the CV19 incident has actually bought Deeprot some more time.

I actually would by Magic Girl (CGC should make this!) but only after they have a couple of games out, or you could be waiting for the machine to play its last game like I am sure Heighway owners will do when the spares disappear!

Yes I am aware of my spelling.

Back
Top Bottom