What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dedicated Data East Tommy facebook fan page

Watched the Tommy documentary on the BBC last night, would recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to, well, see it

I've only ever played it at a show where I couldn't hear it so have never really experienced it in all its glory.

So is it your all time favourite pin then Ive? I know you love it but is it your number one?

I've only ever played it at a show where I couldn't hear it so have never really experienced it in all its glory.

So is it your all time favourite pin then Ive? I know you love it but is it your number one?

Tough question because Twilight Zone exists :D

Tommy to me is without a doubt one of the finest DE machines - its not perfect (video mode :hmm:) but none of them are. But as a package I think its been done so well, the theme is beautifully integrated with the gameplay. Playfield is fast and smooth - once dialled in, the spinners always need tweaking. Tough enough to reach Wizard Mode with a ton of modes en route, which are all pretty varied. And the Blinders of course ! .....one of the greatest toys in pinball. Genius.

Like many of us I guess there are some games that really clicked with us back in the early 90s. For me it was Tommy and TZ. Tommy was the first game I bought and will be the last one to go. When it goes I am done with pinball :thumbs:

Hello never posted on here before please don't bite, by complete coincidence having a Tommy delivered to my house in Blackpool this afternoon. Luke your welcome to come and have a play but not until I have had a go. I think our wives work at the same place . John
rainiernew.wpengine.com_yurts_wp_content_uploads_sites_2_2014_01_The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

Hello never posted on here before please don't bite, by complete coincidence having a Tommy delivered to my house in Blackpool this afternoon. Luke your welcome to come and have a play but not until I have had a go. I think our wives work at the same place . John

I'd love to take you up on that offer, please let me know when is good for you at some point :thumbs:

Also that does seem to be an incredibly large coincidence! :rofl:

Also glad to hear there is another Blackpool resident, so we can defend ourselves against dirty Mackems saying that everyone in Blackpool are scum ;)

re fiddle about. maybe DE could have been selective but typical of their approach to any license. also when machine says hello darlings its dame edna not keith moon. if (big if) tommy was based on the movie / album with who music rather than the broadway cast , it would be a massively desirable game. I love mine and put it on a par with star wars as best de game but being based directly on the who would send it through the stratosphere. a quadrophenia pin would be awesome. imagine a minuture buckaroo built into it!

The movie gets a rare outing on terrestrial TV tonight (BBC 2 1235) . great fun until the vandalism mayor la Guardia could be proud of near the end. For a weird pinball movie to savour find a copy of Tilt with a very precocious Brooke Shields and a very large Charles Dunning

Back
Top Bottom