What's new

[Dec 11, 2011] Phil's Annual Xmas Cracker 2011 (LE7 7JN)

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi everyone. The 2nd Christmas Cracker will be held at The Wheatsheaf Pub Leicester https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wheatsheaf-Thurcaston/328413628225

Tony, the Landlord has graciously said we can have the skittle alley for nothing.

I'll probably provide most of the machines but if you can bring one then that'd help enourmously.

Entry will be £10 which includes Buffet. All proceeds will go to LOROS.

For the non pinheads we have the Great Central steam railway, Beaumont shopping centre, Bradgate park and Leicester itself all a short walk/drive away. Hotels are in Leicester with the ibis probably the cheapest.

That's a bit of an old post gauging interest. It's confirmed but it will be £10 entry but buffet provided.

Phil Dixon' date=' post: 1676365 said:
That's a bit of an old post gauging interest. It's confirmed but it will be £10 entry but buffet provided.

You;re too quick Phil!!
biggrin-1.png
Edited!

Hi everyone, the web page is now up at [see link in post below] please register by emailing Ross at the address on that page. Just to reiterate that this is a christmas event but the tourny may qualify for WPPR points subject to confirmation. It is a non profit meet, with any monies raised after costs being donated to LOROS.

Getting closer now and we have a minimum of 40 players, only 48 slots so i'd guess we are pretty much full! Trophies are done and will shortly be on the website for your perusal. and am working on a more accurate line up of pins, here's the latest list:

Flash Gordon

Elektra

Centaur

Xenon

Medusa*

Pirates Of The Carribean

Batman: the Dark Knight

Terminator 3

Getaway: High Speed 2

Johnny Mnemonic

Checkpoint

Robocop*

Judge Dredd

Black Knight 2000 (or Scared Stiff)

F14 Tomcat*

Rollergames*

* Subject to confirmation.

http://www.christmascrackerpinball.org.uk/

Really looking forward to this Phil
smile-1.png
Should see you before then as I'm hoping to get down to yours next weekend too for the league meet.

Well, we have a full field of 48 players! About time I let you know officially what's happening when:

Setup is from 10:30 till 12.00. If you arrive during these times and want to help set up, you'd be very welcome

Opening is 12.00 and free play/practice until 2:30

2:30 till 5:30 or later is tournament time, if you haven't arrived by 2:30 your place may be offered to anyone else wanting to play. Remember that the tournament is free to enter, £10 is entry to the event.

Buffet will be served from 12:30, it'll be a rolling affair with more coming out as it's used up!

5:30 onwards, we'll start packing up. You are welcome to help or carry on playing but as games are removed then there'll be less to play.

There is a band on at 8:30 in the lounge, nothing to do with me but hang around if you want!

latest pin line up:

Flash Gordon

Elektra

Centaur

Xenon

Mr & Mrs PacMan

X's & O's

Pirates Of The Carribean

Terminator 3

Johnny Mnemonic

Checkpoint

Judge Dredd

Black Knight 2000

F14 Tomcat

Star Wars

Indianaoplis 500

Final (hopefully) games line up...

Flash Gordon

Elektra

Centaur

Xenon

Pirates Of The Carribean

Terminator 3

Johnny Mnemonic

Checkpoint

Judge Dredd

Black Knight 2000

F14 Tomcat

Indianaopolis 500

Star Wars

http://www.christmascrackerpinball.org.uk/

More news:

Magic Castle coming now, will drop Elektra from the lineup as am worried on space!

Thanks to Matt Vince on this one:cool:

And me
biggrin-1.png
Hopeing to be there early to help setup if required (i.e. around 10:30/11ish
smile-1.png
)

Also hoping to get there early and help with setup... Although I have seen photos of those stairs from last year....

Looking forward to seeing ya'll.

Although I have seen photos of those stairs from last year....

Last years was at Ross's place out near Skegness in his games room. Different venue this time so hopefully no steep flights of stairs.

Have a great day today guys - wish I didnt have family commitments (pesky in-laws!)

Have fun
smile-1.png

thanks all for coming. we raised £115 for charity. this is whatmthe community is about: getting together, playing chatting and doing a little good along the way.

Signing off now as am leaving this forum I hold true the original ideals of UKPinball as defined on that groups web page and to me, that's what pinball is about.

Thanks Phil for organising such a fantastic day and to everyone who brought machines, there was a great selection
smile-1.png
Thanks to Stan for the JD bits and pieces and congrats to Nick on the win!

Yep, another great day of pinball in Leicester, despite my nil point competition score! Sorry I had to leave early... Hurt my back unloading machines I think.

Thanks to everyone that brought machines, some great machines there today. Huge thanks to Phil of course. See you all at the next one!

If you are still here Phil thank you for organising a terrific day - I had a ball! Thanks also to Alex and Terry and those who let us play their machines! Congratulations to Nick for the win. Great day with great people!

Top day out with some top people, events like this are what pinball is all about, there were so many people helping out it was awesome. Thanks to everyone who brought games or helped set up and a big special thanks to both Phil for organising and Alex Davis for not only setting up and breaking down but moving Phil and Terry's games to and from the venue - immense
smile-1.png

Yes - Many thanks Phil for organising, and to everyone for making it a great day
smile-1.png
Oh and congrats to "eric" for winning... or was it Frank....
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom