What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealing with sunken inserts

Carl Spiby

Registered
I've seen plenty of idea of levelling raised inserts with a C clamp and hairdryer but how do you deal with inserts that have sunk? (I don't mean cupped).

I imagine any kind of impact force on the rear of the insert has a high probability of cracking it.

Heat on a low heat with a heat gun either side then gently tap out using a similar sized socket bit and a hammer. Then clean the hole out and what I did so as not to get a visible white line around the insert I painted around the inside of the hole with black paint. Then put some epoxy around the inside of the hole not to close to the pf side. Put the insert in level. Push down with a block of hardwood and clamp it up

I cant see any other way than to remove the insert then glue it back in flush again. If the insert isnt worn then this is a 5 minute job.

Back
Top Bottom