What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired DeadPool & SpiderMan Toppers

Expired Due to no activity

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Excuse the repost here I put in the today I worked on by mistake.

Any interest?

Following on from the simpler StarWars & Indy500 toppers I have made these For a couple of forum members and although kinda prototypes which I will improve on as I go I was wondering if anyone has interest in them in either kit form or fully built.

They are based on the kids 3D Light FX deco wall lights (google em)

Before anyone asks why SM on IM well it’s just to give a little scale, I am actually after a nice SM but I’m a couple of pins over ATM and something has to give.
These are WIP and will be improved on the next version.
They do look better in the flesh BTW as lighting plays a big part in how they look and my phone don’t do them justice. I have had a few Laserific toppers and my hobbit has one but these stand out much nicer and will be half their price!

Lets take DP as an example as I have a few BNIB heads ready to go and put it into context with other available toppers.
the Stern DP Topper is £500+ delivered from P.U. I know as I bought one before making this. (my proto below for sale pm me)
The Laserific version is about £200 delivered if you don’t get hit with customs ( I did made a similar version to theirs with just logo but went on a tangent with the one below)

As for price?
I can probably supply in kit form for around £45 w/o logo (£55 with logo) this won’t include DPs head another £25 while I have some which was my cost. I grabbed a few as they seem to be going up in price as probs none coming in from China ATM.
The kit will include everything you need apart from a 12v-5v converter they are £3.50 or less delivered from eBay and the simple power plug to the spike board which I’m sure are easy to get hold of. I do have a couple but need for other stuff I’m working on ATM

I would rather sell as a kit as it’s the perfect time for you guys to do something constructive during the lockdown but my time is at a premium ATM and as I have so much on the go I would have to make it worth my while so do you guys think £149 Is unreasonable.
Please bear in mind P&P would be on top of the above at cost.

As for the SM Topper I have no head or hands and don’t want to layout £30+ on each of them as again prices are rising on stuff like this but I have seen a few go on eBay cheaper if you are inclined to snipe them.

Any constructive criticism welcome maybe it’s a nieche market but I’ve enjoyed the many, many hours designing them and happy with the outcome so far.

387401AA-BF62-415E-86E6-6930A2974128.jpeg

C0DBB229-595A-461C-9295-8C3A7607CA3D.jpeg

9D20A8FB-BBD8-4B2C-B47B-25C80290FC70.jpeg

7B94461E-C0EB-4A93-8E11-8AB8F4B0906B.jpeg

I'd be interested to find out how much it would cost to make a topper for my Batman Forever of the cab topper in the attached clip from the film.
BF Topper.JPG

I'd be interested to find out how much it would cost to make a topper for my Batman Forever of the cab topper in the attached clip from the film.View attachment 109644
Unfortunately the time alone to design something and build a proto is just too time consuming, I’ve lost count of the hours I’ve spent on DP & SM and if I broke it down on hours/earnings I would be upto about 26p per hr.:rofl:
I can’t really justify this unless I was charging a ridiculous amount.
The four toppers I’ve done so far I have owned the pins or intend eventually getting one as in SM hence the labour or love.
Once my little fella has gone back to school I will have more time on my hands but it looks like my part time instructor job may be up the spout and I may have to actually generate some income off this malarkey

OK, thanks.
Can anyone on here tell me where the original might have gone? I bought a $50 bill for a mod on my first BF from a film props store. But could not find any source for the cab topper. Any films buffs have a lead I can follow?

Great work, you are really getting the hang of that laser cutter now..

I was very interested in your Star Wars topper to stick on a DE SW but never saw any more about it

Great work, you are really getting the hang of that laser cutter now..

I was very interested in your Star Wars topper to stick on a DE SW but never saw any more about it
I can do that as the donkey work done would you be after a kit of fully done it’s more a time thing ATM

Back
Top Bottom